Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Shield User Training?  (Read 2530 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Best Shield User Training?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »

You can train swimming during sleep.
I had hoped armour could be trained, because that would be ideal use of otherwise wasteful time. As for swimming, I do have a swimming racetrack, but never observed a dwarf falling asleep during training. That would be like sleeping on rollercoaster, so blasé.
You wait until they fall asleep, then you flood their bedrooms with a little bit of water. It was discussed in the Trivial Findings and/or Dwarven Childcare thread.

I think I remember that. I've just checked and it still works - both for regular dwarves, and for long-term visitors.

Pity the danger room doesn't work that way. I presume it wouldn't be reasonable to report this as a bug.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 04:43:25 am »

Dwarves can and will sleep merrily during danger room training, and usually even survive unharmed with enough Dodge and Armor user levels. Can't comment on training levels while asleep, though; I always just assumed it was happening even then.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 07:59:41 am »

Dwarves can and will sleep merrily during danger room training, and usually even survive unharmed with enough Dodge and Armor user levels. Can't comment on training levels while asleep, though; I always just assumed it was happening even then.

They were not harmed (at least with the armour I provided), but also not trained.

The danger arises mostly because un-scheduled dwarves will occasionally drop parts of their clothing and armour on the floor of the danger room. If they are locked, and fall asleep, the spears can hit the unprotected parts.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:03:54 am by Saiko Kila »
Pages: 1 [2]