Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Uniforms  (Read 486 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Uniforms
« on: April 18, 2016, 02:21:00 pm »

Playing around with uniforms and I know how to assign a uniform to an entire squad...what I need to know is how to remove that assigned uniform in favor of another.  I've assigned the "correct" one that I want but now they show two assigned sets of gear.  How do I get that second one off (without deleting the entire uniform)?
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:06:19 am »

I don't think two uniforms can be assigned at once, a newly assigned uniform should replace the old uniform, you're probably confused by the available functions.

But in any case dwarves can do some funny things sometimes. If you want to be sure, make a nudist uniform which consists of nothing and is set to "replace clothing". Assign them the nudist uniform. Once they have stripped naked, assign them the uniform you want them to use. Nudism is the best way to "reset" a dwarf. But usually with the "replace clothing" and "exact matches only" options set the dwarves do a pretty good job of wearing the proper uniform without the need to strip them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:08:22 am by Panando »
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 02:22:24 pm »

When you go to Assign Uniform and then <Shift><Enter> to assign a uniform to the entire group...that uniform then shows up with a green check mark next to it.  I did this but assigned the wrong uniform...so when I assigned the correct uniform the entire group now shows two assigned uniforms with the green active check mark.  I can't figure out how to "uncheck" the wrong uniform (I can delete it of course...but it's an active uniform for another squad so I don't want to delete it).
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:02:40 pm »

That sounds very weird, I'd suspect a bug since uniform assignment should always completely replace the existing equipment assignment. Does assigning a nudist uniform clear the equipment?
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.