Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My First Vampire  (Read 1775 times)

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My First Vampire
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 07:34:22 pm »

on another note, on my vampire character in adventure mode i bit off a goblin's nose and its nose got stuck in my character's front teeth, i didn't know you could do that xd i also don't understand why vampirism is a curse? i fought 4 goblins alone and thought i was going to lose then i got back up and killed everyone

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »

You can tear off lots of body parts in DF, that is part of what makes it an awesome game ^_^ (the best part is beating someone to death with their own arm!)  As for why vampirism is a curse, I think it has to do with how it is historically/mythologically viewed in our own societal mythos.  Vampirism has been viewed as a plague throughout history, but I think Ann Rice and other authors have made it so that most people nowadays if given the opportunity to become a vampire would do so with little thought. 

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 01:45:50 pm »

I've not forgotten, but I'm at a place again where my only DF exposure is reading the forums over lunch at work, and not actually playing it.  The save, when I get it, is a modded copy.  I took out aquifers and made my dwarves fast and skilled (except fishing), and gave them free coke and candy so I could play with building things.  None of that should affect my vampire, other than making him faster and more skillful.
Pages: 1 [2]