Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vomit everywhere...... EVERYWHERE!!!  (Read 497 times)

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
vomit everywhere...... EVERYWHERE!!!
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:53:24 pm »

I use to put a meeting area (outside), yes a lot of the time it was in the open, I also put another one in the meeting hall(inside), which usually was also my dining hall, managers office, and jails.  The majority of the year I activated the out door meeting hall, and the dwarves miserably spent the majority of their time, skulking, scheming, and generally hiding from  the sun under trees and such.

Now that taverns, temples, and libraries are here, even if I set up a meeting spot outside, my dwarves tend to congregate in my tavern area, and won't go to my outdoor area without tinkering with my menus for ages trying to get things right.

All of this to avoid my dwarves getting cave adaptation and covering my map(mayday) with purple vomit...

Can anyone shed some light/share some tips/direct me to a previous post on this matter?

ADD-ON:  YES, I have tried turning all my meeting ares to "inactive" except my outdoor one, and still my dwarves prefer to hang out in my tavern.   ANNOYING!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:48:20 pm by bmxbumpkin »

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: vomit everywhere...... EVERYWHERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 01:01:53 am »

I'm not a fan of vomit either.  What I've been doing in my last few forts is to create citizen militias that train two months of the year.  Among the very many benefits is that they spend 1/6th of their time in an outdoor barracks, completely eradicating cave adaption for them.  You will still get vomit trails from children->peasant and resident->citizen because they've spent too much time underground before assigned to the militia.  But it's still much less frequent.

Another purely cosmetic solution is to pave your entrance with green glass blocks.  At least in vanilla vomit and green glass are the same color.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: vomit everywhere...... EVERYWHERE!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:44:06 am »

I would set up two tavern zones both linked to the same tavern and then activate one and deactivate the other. You'd also need to duplicate the temple and the library areas and switch them back and forth. It may not even be sufficient to deactivate areas: you may have to remove one and create the other, still associating the new one with the same area entity as the old one.