Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what to do with a caged necromancer?  (Read 1012 times)

sivistojko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
what to do with a caged necromancer?
« on: March 24, 2016, 02:50:44 am »

A week ago I caught a Queen Regent Necromancer in a cage trap while she was leading her 50 zombie army in a siege of my fortress. She still rests there in the cage and I haven't figured out how to use this quite unique opportunity. Do you have any suggestions?

I was thinking to make a special room with fortifications for her within the pit where she could reanimate bodies from dumped and killed invaders, so I could use them for my marksdwarfs training. Does this sound any good?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what to do with a caged necromancer?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:09:43 am »

Does she have any books?
Take them from her at put them in the library for safekeeping before you start damaging her. Wouldn't want to lose them...

nik the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 11:53:52 am »

Make sure to set up their new home with a path to another cage trap, for resecuring your guest. Make raising drawbridges to block the fortifications in her walls, on occasions you want to keep corpses out of her sight. And then use your friend to generate restless guards for use in your moat!

Also recommended reading: "How to Bacon like a pro" by Loud Whispers. Perhaps the methods and results detailed in this report may still work.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113638.msg3467511#msg3467511

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:52:23 pm »

You could also try pitting her in a room with chairs, tables, and some unwritten on quires to see if you can get some dark secrets.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »

You could also try pitting her in a room with chairs, tables, and some unwritten on quires to see if you can get some dark secrets.
In which case you'll also have to make the room a library.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 03:20:13 pm »

Use her to take out the clowns. Figure out where you would like to breach the circus and build a proper welcoming party for them. I would create a pit with smoothed walls that she over looks through fortifications using a raising bridge as shutters to block her view and protect her when needed. Put some sort of hatch and drop chute in the ceiling of the pit for dropping corpses, captured invaders etc. into the pit. At the bottom of this pit collect your corpses, preferably giant animals, forgotten beast etc. Large livestock is probably your easiest source of corpses. When you feel you have a sufficient pile of corpses send a miner down to the bottom of the pit and have him open the door to the circus. Open the shutters so your necro can go to work and watch the fun. Just make sure that pit can be completely sealed via hatches etc. in a manner that flying building destroyers cannot escape it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:23:05 pm by Melting Sky »