Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way to remove up/down stairs I made with my miner?  (Read 2187 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any way to remove up/down stairs I made with my miner?
« on: April 13, 2016, 10:47:26 am »

I had my miners make up/down stairs in the layer 1 z level beneath the surface and I placed them wrong how do I delete them?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to remove up/down stairs I made with my miner?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 11:10:19 am »

'd'-'z', i.e. remove ramps & stair, if I remember the keys correctly. It's with the other miner stuff, anyway, so look at that key pane.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:32:15 pm »

Mining (digging) means you are removing material to create empty space in the shape you want (empty tunnel, stairs, ramp).  If you've dug a staircase and you want to turn it back into a wall, you need to construct a wall.  This is done with a building material (a block, or a stone, or a bar) and b C w.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:49 am »

Mining (digging) means you are removing material to create empty space in the shape you want (empty tunnel, stairs, ramp).  If you've dug a staircase and you want to turn it back into a wall, you need to construct a wall.  This is done with a building material (a block, or a stone, or a bar) and b C w.
Which, unfortunately, can only be done from the side. You'll need to dig side access and fill that in, or obsidianize with magma later.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?