Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Batman vs Superman  (Read 1767 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Batman vs Superman
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 09:00:42 am »

I think that most of the criticism is unfounded. Movie's not great, but I'd definitely put it in the good category. This might be my favorite movie incarnation of Batman, in particular.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 10:12:51 am »

I enjoyed the parts that were actually Batman v Superman. DC heroes and villains are at their best as archetypes, not characters, and both the actors involved did that very well. That said, everything about Lex (especially the last 20, 30 minutes or so of the movie*) could safely have been cut, because it was awful, made no sense, and offered virtually no support for the central conflict that put my ass in the seat. It almost felt like a separate script got shuffled in by mistake and nobody noticed. Also, the attempts at franchise-building were pretty lame - don't copy Marvel! Wonder Woman was such a bit character that she might as well have been left out and introduced some other time, perhaps after her own movie. As it is, her major contribution was that I wondered why they didn't simply toss her the Macguffin at the end.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 10:17:21 am »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 12:46:20 am »

Really enjoyed Batfleck.  Can't wait for his solo movie. 

Totally agree with what everybody's saying about Lois Lane the movie's boring bits, the fights actually were undeniably satisfying.  Once they get out on youtube Ima watch those sequences until the end of time.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2]