Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: WOLF WOMAN DANCER  (Read 7136 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: WOLF WOMAN DANCER
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 06:36:58 am »

Now in DF terms, some of the animal people are amazingly badass as adventurers.

The problem is that they have unusual body sizes so armor doesnt fit. There are mods for that though. Serpent men are quite funny to play as though, inherently amphibious and with a syndrome attack. Platypus men are too small to play as but are on another level of strange. The men (and only the men) have a syndrome attack on the kick.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 07:44:54 am »

Quite alot of the vanilla animal men can wear dwarven and elf clothing. The way their bodysize is calculated is they get the default creature size and human size (70,000) and average them.

Dwarves are size 60,000. So to get an animal man that size you need its base animal to be size 50,000. (50,000 + 70,000) / 2 = 60,000.

Some of the notable size 60,000 animal men are leopards and cheetahs.

To my knowledge the only animal men that are 70,000 and so can wear human armor are deer men, and they're pretty boring honestly.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 09:38:55 am »

Quite alot of the vanilla animal men can wear dwarven and elf clothing. The way their bodysize is calculated is they get the default creature size and human size (70,000) and average them.

Dwarves are size 60,000. So to get an animal man that size you need its base animal to be size 50,000. (50,000 + 70,000) / 2 = 60,000.

Some of the notable size 60,000 animal men are leopards and cheetahs.

To my knowledge the only animal men that are 70,000 and so can wear human armor are deer men, and they're pretty boring honestly.

No platypus men though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:36 pm »

Yet more reason why it's lovely just having mods for crafting armor. Glorious moose and rhino men can hammer undead in the face without being restricted to the

Also, serpentine animalpeople are hilarious in armor. Potentially starting with pants is silly enough, but greaves are absurd unless you imagine they're more like faulds.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]