Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anxiety attacks: The Fix that will drive people away  (Read 1491 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anxiety attacks: The Fix that will drive people away
« on: March 26, 2016, 08:41:38 am »

So I am having these huge anxiety attacks lately that last for hours and hours and often the entire day. (likely a medical side effect)

And the only thing that calms me down is to talk to a friend via voice or SOMETIMES to wait it out.

Yet this has been the case for months now and I don't want to drive away any of the friends I still have.

What should I do?

I really hate being so absolutely needy that sometimes I cant get through the day without just hearing someone's voice or being comforted... I hate feeling terrible all the time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:45:23 am by Neonivek »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anxiety attacks: The Fix that will drive people away
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:47:09 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:46:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:01:27 pm »

What Vector said, entirely.

See a doctor. Tell them what you told us. Ask for help from that doctor or a licensed person.
Also consider the following and discuss it with your doctor:

1.) Your anxiety attack can't physically harm you. You are not having a heart attack or something. Panic attack yes; heart attack no.
2.) Aware....
Accept and acknowledge that you are having a panic attack.
Wait and Watch, make yourself comfortable if possible for a short time.
AAction: engage in the activity at hand
Repeat the steps above as needed
Ends: Every panic attack ends.

See a doctor, therapist, counselor, etc.
This is a medical/psychological issue. There is treatment. Seek it.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 04:42:12 pm »

First of all, talk to your doctor.

Second of all, if you can cut back on caffeine, salt, fat, sugar, any kind of stimulant--do so, or at least make sure that you eat something more "stabilizing" with it. I also have stress/anxiety problems and found that letting myself have these things once in a while but not-too-often was very healthy.

I've found that  an entirely plant-based diet has done wonders for my temperament. I'm a lot more mellow than I was. Be sure to eat lots of greens for they contain a lot of protein; if eating achenes, grains, legumes or rice, cold-soak them overnight before cooking them. Be sure to explore the entirety of plants available to you and try every possible combination to find staples/delicacies.

TL;DR Cook healthy by eating fresh, raw plants. Cook how you want but stay away from anything in a bag, box, or bottle.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 05:13:49 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:44:40 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 11:03:06 pm »

Neon I can't stress enough the advice given by other people, you should talk with your doctor to sort out your treatment (I recall you were on drugs for bipolar disorder already no?) or even go for a second opinion. Severe panic attacks aren't acceptable management of one's drug regime.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 11:42:31 pm »

What everybody else said, also *hugpat*.

Especially what Vector and Truean said.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:44:23 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 07:18:39 am »

It just keeps going ON and ON and ON

I checked it out. Since Anxiety attacks, even at their worst, can only last about an hour.

This is "Generalized Anxiety" And another word. I just feel this constant pang of anxiety all the freeken time and I hate it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 12:54:26 am »

Doctor!

Self diagnosis won't help.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 03:59:48 am »

Doctor appointment has been made a month ago and is on the 5th.

So I still have 8 days I need to tolerate it.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 07:35:38 pm »

If it is unberable to wait these 8 days you can go to an emergency psychiatry service, they'll evaluate you and dispense/prescribe medication so you can wait for the appointment.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 10:13:17 am »

Good news! I am going to the doctors early!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:43:18 am »

Update! Doctor started weening and I am muuuuuuuuuuuch better now

At least well enough not to have panic attacks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 11:44:19 am »

Yay!

*congratulatory hugs!*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.