Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What would you put in here?  (Read 3997 times)

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What would you put in here?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »

Make a puzzle with lots of levers.

As for treasure rooms, they're a little pointless. Stuff gets thrown about when the fort becomes abandoned, so your precious adamantine armor (or whatever) may end up blocking the entrance door instead.

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2007, 06:23:00 pm »

I think I might make a change of plans with this one.  I've been working on it for real-life weeks now, and I'm starting to get sick of it.  My dwarves are dying off, I can't get any immigrants, and I don't want to deal with reclaiming it.

New plan.

I'm going to finish building the pyramid and make a bunch of crafts.  Then I'm going to abandon it and upload the save file.

I challenge everyone else to either explore it in adventure mode, OR reclaim it and fill the empty shell with something amazing.

What do you guys think?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »

Ill take a save
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

It'll still be a while before it's done, but I'll post the save when it is.

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 09:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MyBeardIsOnFire:
<STRONG>Make a puzzle with lots of levers.

As for treasure rooms, they're a little pointless. Stuff gets thrown about when the fort becomes abandoned, so your precious adamantine armor (or whatever) may end up blocking the entrance door instead.</STRONG>

Or you could fill every single tile with adamantium armor and there will be no problem.
 find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »

Just posting to let you know people are still interested in this.

Well, at least one person. Don't give up!

Lazy_Perfectionist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »

Building a pyramid? I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but you really need to entomb some cats in there.
 Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »

You should also have a statue garden - one statue of each type of stone and metal found on the map.  All should be masterworks.  Scatter the exceptional quality ones about your fortress to keep the population happy.  As with Torak's suggestion you will need to specifically make stones available for the construction.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MyBeardIsOnFire:
<STRONG>Make a puzzle with lots of levers.

As for treasure rooms, they're a little pointless. Stuff gets thrown about when the fort becomes abandoned, so your precious adamantine armor (or whatever) may end up blocking the entrance door instead.</STRONG>

As I recall, it sticks around if it was at a trade depot. Is this still true?

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 04:28:00 am »

What happened to this? *Looks around*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 09:05:00 am »

Make a giant puzzle thing with levers linked to floodgates and you have to pull them in the correct pattern.

Also add some "wrong" patterns which open doors to rooms filled with creeps. With bows.

Make a corridor with a pressure plate on it which opens a retractable bridge over the player and drops stuff on them, like lots of sand. You can have multiple ones in a single corridor.
For bonus points, make it also close any doors that would prevent the player from escaping.

As for the treasure, place some chests at the top of the pyramid and fill them with jewels.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 10:34:00 am »

To bad you don't have any magma or water. Magma shower traps and sharkfilled pools.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.
Pages: 1 2 [3]