Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeast Help  (Read 1631 times)

HMS Kaiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werebeast Help
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:06:29 pm »

So i neglected the early warning system and a were beast got in a attacked 3 people. only one got bit but i had to wall off the entire hospital to deal with it and stop the spread. Just wondering, since only one turns out was actually bitten and is now a werelizard every full moon, can i kill it while its in dwarf form with my military? or do i have to wait until its in were lizard form to kill it without causing a loyalty cascade?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeast Help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:53:28 am »

Or eliminate it using other methods (burrow at the end of a pier over lava, and then order it to remove the floor inside of it/atom smashing/...). Of course, !!science!! is always useful.

HMS Kaiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 08:15:02 pm »

So i ended up just waiting for him to turn again and then killing him with one of my squads. Im positive he was killed while in "Were" form but the strangest thing happened after. Couple months later i end up with one of my axeLORDS dead in a fight with another dwarf. He was just a trainee compared to the lord but more digging revealed the lord put down a stonecrafter that had (for whatever reason) began attacking him (not sparring, full fight) during training.

Start of a possible loyalty cascade? Unsure as of now and ill wait a little longer until then. But the current casualties stand at one axelord, a stonecrafter, and the possible cause, one lone werelizard dwarf.

Also no tavern exists so there's no chance of drunkenness being the cause. As far as i can tell the stonecrafter just randomly started attacking the axelord who promptly killed him, and then found himself falling to a comrades axe from a separate squad (they also train in separate areas many Z-levels apart).

I don't know as of now if that particular axe lord dealt the killing blow to the werebeast, but multiple dwarfs attacked the beast and so far no one else has been killed.

Final note, seams the axe dwarf that killed the lord is missing all his teeth, probally got punched out or something during his brawl...

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:09:22 am »

Crazy stuff like this happening is why i simply wall off were-beasts in my fortress and forget about them.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »

I made an attempt once to use my werebeasts as crafters, but they kept destroying their workshops every full moon. I got tired of micro-managing them and gave it up...

They don't make good soldiers either since they drop their armor every time they turn, then waste lots of time getting dressed once they turn back.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 10:24:19 am »

So i ended up just waiting for him to turn again and then killing him with one of my squads. Im positive he was killed while in "Were" form but the strangest thing happened after. Couple months later i end up with one of my axeLORDS dead in a fight with another dwarf. He was just a trainee compared to the lord but more digging revealed the lord put down a stonecrafter that had (for whatever reason) began attacking him (not sparring, full fight) during training.

Start of a possible loyalty cascade? Unsure as of now and ill wait a little longer until then. But the current casualties stand at one axelord, a stonecrafter, and the possible cause, one lone werelizard dwarf.

Also no tavern exists so there's no chance of drunkenness being the cause. As far as i can tell the stonecrafter just randomly started attacking the axelord who promptly killed him, and then found himself falling to a comrades axe from a separate squad (they also train in separate areas many Z-levels apart).

I don't know as of now if that particular axe lord dealt the killing blow to the werebeast, but multiple dwarfs attacked the beast and so far no one else has been killed.

Final note, seams the axe dwarf that killed the lord is missing all his teeth, probally got punched out or something during his brawl...
This happened to me too. In my case, I sicced my troops on a werebeast after it turned. Immediately after, the soldiers began killing each other.

What was really weird was that after a short but noticeable pause, another fight broke out, and before long I'd lost half of the fort to infighting. The resulting heap of corpses and injuries eventually led the entire fort to death by framerate.

Do loyalty cascades extend beyond the initial combatants?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 02:29:07 pm »

Loyalty cascades cascade to the friends of those involved in the fight, who then join the fight, which cascades to the friends of those now involved... However, the further rounds of the cascade might possibly not cause the newly affected to immediately join the battle until their friends are killed.

Short answer: yes.

HMS Kaiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

So far, after.about a year or so I havent had any more unexpected fights. I hope none happen since I just got full suits of candy for my veteran squad. Also with the whole friend joining friends thing for fights. I had both squads train 24/7 for about 3-4 maybe 5 years since I handled everything else with the other 60 dwarves. Maybe they didn't have friends who could join in the cascade fight? I dunno, I'll check relationships when I get home.

But rn my military dwarves are all pretty secluded w/o social interaction and have the negative thoughts to prove it, however they are surrounded by masterwork engravings and the like. So there mood is actually "quite content", since their constant military training also gives them postive thoughts about improving/mastering skills.

So basically my militia are highly trained sociopathic killers who "feel nothing after witnessing death"....!!PERFECT!!...I feel so safe giving them the only weapons
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:55:18 pm by HMS Kaiser »

HMS Kaiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 02:51:52 pm »

Oh and I remeber now. One militia killed one mason and that Axelord in the same year, but so far nothing bad has happened to him, in fact he's one of my best fighters. Nothing shows up in the justice screen either... But both slabs clearly state him as the killer. No chance of vamps though since he sliced off both their heads. Still can't figure out what the mason did wrong to get killed though...

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 04:56:11 pm »

Loyalty cascades cascade to the friends of those involved in the fight, who then join the fight, which cascades to the friends of those now involved... However, the further rounds of the cascade might possibly not cause the newly affected to immediately join the battle until their friends are killed.

Short answer: yes.
Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks!