Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Terra Hills: A Terra-fic place to live. Country Life RP with a bit of magic. OOC  (Read 1292 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Ahh.... Terra Hills... Such a nice place. Everyone's heard about it, how it was only discovered recently, but had a floruishing environment, perfect for raising crops or animals, streams that were like liquid gold, and a fully-finished town, with completely intact buildings. Nobody really knows anything about the whole place, of course, but that's partially why you're all moving there, to get a new life, to forget what troubles ailed you in the past. To leave all of that behind, and explore the Hills...

This is a "Country Life" RP, that would be somewhat similar to Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley/Rune Factory, as everyone must fill out their individual jobs, whilst also discovering new and mysterious parts of the island which you are on. It will mostly be RP-based, with other game mechanics coming in at certain times.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Calendar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monsters & Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Money & Shops (click to show/hide)

That should be about it. Any further questions, you can ask.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:49:22 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley-esque/Country Life RP Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:26:18 am »

By monsters sounds like rune factory and sure.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley-esque/Country Life RP Interest Check
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:27:46 am »

The monsters would probably be an occasional thing, and not a widespread annoyance. A lot of thinga would be the excitement of the mundane, and then some other things sprinkled in.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated the OP.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Name: Moe Kowalchuk
Sex: Male
Sexuality: flexible with adequate amounts of induced asphyxiation
Career: meth dealer
Skills: microeconomics and marksmanship

Backstory: some people till the land. Some people do other shit. And then some people sell meth. It doesn't really happen in any particular way. Moe certainly couldn't tell you how he got here. His life's just a bunch of stuff that happened, honestly, and now it is how it is. And that's all there is to say on the matter.

Description: skinny guy with a developing paunch, with a noticeable wart under his left eye. With his ballcap, second-hand white t-shirt and underlaid red sweater combo, blue jeans and ratty sneaker combo, he looks quite at home wherever he goes. Not a big fan of open carry, judging by the 9mm he keeps in the back of his jeans.

Anything else: hangs out in the local watering hole when he's not having fun with friends. His farm, which he lives in alone, seems to mostly produce tumbleweeds.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: wip (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

This looks pretty darn cool.

Spoiler: Greta (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Virginia Salamanca (click to show/hide)
Wouldn't it be hilarious if this turned out like Breaking Bad if it was set in Stardew Valley?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Desca Witmal
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Career: Terra Hills Militia Commander
Skills: Tactics and Combat

Backstory: Desca Witmal was an Officer for a Monarchial state on another continent. It was a peaceful country for the most part, so most of the military apparatus was weak in discipline. Officer Witmal took full advantage of this and despoticly controlled his Military Border town with corruption. His loyal Garrison Platoon was onboard aswell, effectively being a rogue division.

This went on a few years before the King was alerted, black listing the whole site for elimination. Officer Witmal's men fought the Royal Guard bravely, but Witmal's Forces suffered heavy casualties. The rogue Forces did manage somehow rout out the King's Forces in the end.

With the town basically being annihilated from the battle, Witmal took his remainimg Loyal Troopers and became wandering Mercs. Years passed with adequate success. Witmal structured a firm War Army. One of his Navigation Officiallisa alerted him of Terra Hills and promptly sailed there. With no Armed Forces in the beginning, the Villages accepted the occupation with no complaints.

Description: Desca Witmal is a regale looking man of Medium Height, but somewhat extreme build. He has a neatly trimmed moustache that is quite big. His hair is in a perpetual messy state though, which is pure brown. He has plain brown eyes as well. Despite his genius in Combat and Military operations, he is horrid at Public relations. He has trouble trying to care for the problems of Civilians and is quite controlling. Desca Witmal has a strange Vigilante Complex, which ties in with Megalomaniacal tendencies. He really means well at heart though.

Anything else: Proficient cook.