Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Got 11 new barons, what do?  (Read 3078 times)

Hvinnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Got 11 new barons, what do?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 07:02:58 pm »

I had a quick look at legends and apparently all the predecessors of my fellow barons immigrated to the fortress "RAINEDINK" in the year 104, just to be slaughtered by goblins in the early winter of 105.
I could not figure out why they all migrated at the same time, so here is the upload for those interested:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11805

Baron bar brawls and baron-domes sound awesome, but I think that the "fun" would be too brief. So a Baronsquad it is!!
I'll try to equip them with crimson silk, steel armor and silver war hammers. Or does anyone have more fun suggestions? Also, any ideas how to name the squad?  The Flamboyant Smashers?
Apparently, barons cannot be made into militia commanders, so there will remain three non-military barons...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 10:16:51 pm »

11 barons? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 11:43:30 am »

Also, any ideas how to name the squad?  The Flamboyant Smashers?
Apparently, barons cannot be made into militia commanders, so there will remain three non-military barons...

The B Team

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 01:11:27 pm »

Don't think of them as non-military barons, think of them as replacements.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Lordhermitcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 07:27:44 pm »

Also, any ideas how to name the squad?  The Flamboyant Smashers?

The B Team

That's brilliant.
THE CONCRETE IS ON FIRE

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »

In one fort I'm playing now, I had someone become queen, and 4 others inherit baronies at the same time. This was also at the point in the fort lifecycle where mercenaries are starting to apply for residency one after another. So i created a squad for the barons of distant communities and the mercenaries, and called it "Legion Etrangere".

I also discovered that you can't make a non-local baron the captain of a squad. Fortunately, two of the barons were married, and you can make a non-local baroness consort the captain of a squad. So both consorts, 4 barons, and a few mercs are all in that squad. They will be our first responders for any and all crisis.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »

Don't actively kill them. Enjoy the chaos. See how long you can keep them all satisfied. Or, yaknow, have them blame each other for unmet mandates and see which baron can outlive the others

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 10:45:44 pm »

Don't actively kill them. Enjoy the chaos. See how long you can keep them all satisfied. Or, yaknow, have them blame each other for unmet mandates and see which baron can outlive the others
Oooh, that's sufficiently dorfy...
Bonus points if one of them hammers themself.  If they can do that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3]