Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)  (Read 9645 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2016, 10:27:18 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2016, 10:35:36 pm »

No no, this is perfect.

The Cloak shall be our shield as we get into a stance at least two hundred years too advanced for it's time, fighting with the Cloak and sword!

Using the cloak to catch the deadly stabs, we'll wrap the cloth around it and pull the swordsman toward us and thrust our sword at his throat at the same time, poking his throat in.

Let him and the sword go once he's done, our gauntlet will deflect slashes.

Think like we're going to fight the whole army, very very minimal movement aimed for the most efficiency. Minor steps and sways that will dodge swings by only inches, having them slide smoothly off of our armor and do short, powerful jabs with our own at necks and up armpits. Pace ourself, keep the breathing steady and constant.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2016, 10:50:46 pm »

You drop your shield, and hold up the cloak. If he can do "magic" tricks, then so can you. Remembering your lessons from the jester you watched long ago, you make minimal movements and swing the cloak around to catch swords, and distract enemies, while you stab through the cloak and around you precisely at the enemy's armor's weak points. Within about 30 seconds, the King's guards were all dead. His cloak was full of holes, but he still didn't seem concerned. King Barstrad looked at you and said, "impressive. But I think it's time we had  fair fight." He pulled a curved sword out of a scabbard, and a small metal tube in his other hand. He stood there, waiting for you to make the first move.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2016, 11:07:13 pm »

Caution is King.

Throw the cloak at him then switch to full movement instead of our usual minimalist ones, dash to the side where his sword is at and not the metal tube before reaching into our pocket and throw a handful of pocket sand at his face! distracting him then tackling the motherfucker to the ground!

Pocket sand, our ultimate trump card!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2016, 11:12:36 pm »

Thinking quickly, you toss his ruined cloak at him to distract him, then come towards his sword side, knock it aside, and throw some pocket lint into his face. He drops his sword and coveres his eyes. He is at your mercy. You bring your sword up to strike him down, but before you can, he recovers, points his metal tube at you, and suddenly, many things happen at once.

You hear a deafening bang that makes your ears ring, and you find yourself falling towards the ground, you legs for some reason couldn't hold you up anymore. You try to stand up, and push yourself into a sitting position, but that is when the pain hits you. It was like nothing you had ever felt. A sharp, grueling pain right in your gut. You look down and see a small, circular hole straight through both sides of your armor, and blood was pouring out of the gaps. You gasp as you realize that the metal tube had somehow punched a clean hole straight through you. You bend over, and cough up some blood in your helmet. You consider just giving in and letting the pain. You vision starts to lose color, and fade to black. The pain subsides as you lose consciousness. You think of your family one last time... and you...

No.

You force yourself to wake up. The pain comes rolling back like the tide of an ocean, and your vision goes from black to a reddish hue. You don't have much time, but you will save the people you love. Sir Kenneth, the king and queen, The people of Dalisia, the other honorable knights, and most of all, you wife and children. You lift your head up and see King Barstrad looking down at you with a smug face. He picks up your sword from the ground where you dropped it, and begins to speak. "Seriously, get with the times. Never seen one of these before? Well, I'm sure you're dying to know what it is. With a bit of contained fire, a small iron ball can be tossed at unfathomable speeds, going right through anything. Now that you're gonna die, I suppose I can tell you how pitiful the town's defense will be. I have more of these, and they are even bigger. They will smash right through any wall, and your people will flee once they see you die, and their defenses crushed. I will finally control the world, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Now, do you want me to kill you now, or let you die slowly?" He raised your sword up. You were losing sight around the edges, and you could no longer feel your legs. But your arms were still working. You have no weapons. What will you do with your final moments.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2016, 11:21:17 pm »

Roar like a beast and use all of our remaining strength to punch up between his legs so hard his balls comes out his mouth.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2016, 11:33:59 pm »

You let out a grunt of pain. King Barstrad asks quizzaciously, "What was that? I couldn't hear you." You dig into your pain and let out a fierce roar of defiance. It bellows across the battlefield and deafens everything else. King Barstrad hesitates, then lifts your sword above his head so as to bring it down and cleave your head in twain. You use all the strength you have left to swing your right arm straight up, through the gap in King Barstrad's armor, into his crotch. You feel the pelvis shatter under you fist and your arm comtinues. It travels into his ribcage and bursts his liver, lungs, and stomach. You open your hand and grab something from inside his body. You then pull out, through his crotch, his still-beating heart. King barstrad stays standing for a moment, then collapses backwards. You crush his heart in your hand, watch the blood splatter across his dead body, then collapse yourself. You had saved everybody, your family would be free of the constant assassinations, and the world would be a better place without the black magic of King Barstrad. With that final happy though, you pass peacefully into the void.

The End

What'd you think? I didn't like this story as much as the previous two, but I want to know what you think.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2016, 11:46:00 pm »

I really like it! :D Though kinda sad that we died. :c I was half-hoping that we'd get to solo an entire army or die trying. :P But cest cera cera.

I enjoy playing this very much, even though there's pretty much only me that's giving suggestions. I'm glad you take it and continue to go with it anyway. :P

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2016, 11:49:06 pm »

I was wondering if you would like to try being the writer of one of these. It's very simple, just think of some setting, and make up everything as you go. I am pretty much burned out for now, but I would like to give suggestions. Only if you want to though.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2016, 11:51:20 pm »

Hmm, I'd love to, actually! :D It'll be a good writing practice. I think I can squeeze it it while still running 2 games as well, though. Probably.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2016, 11:54:13 pm »

You don't have to do it right away. Whenever you feel like you can. Just post in this thread so I'll see it.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2016, 12:08:12 am »

Alrighty. Are you going to lurk about and post around still, though? It'd be great to have you join one of my games too.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2016, 12:12:18 am »

I use "show new replies to your posts" so if you post here saying you've stated, I'll be able to find it. And I'd love to participate.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2016, 12:30:23 am »

Sweet! :D I'm running two games right now, a 'ZootopiaXThe Division Crossover game' and 'Castle: Foxhound squad' if you're interested in checking those out. I can definitely make space for you if you'd like.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]