Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A truly DIVINE instrument...(spoilers)  (Read 3125 times)

infrequentLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A truly DIVINE instrument...(spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 10:40:18 am »

Yup, it certainly gives elves an edge. The next time a group of elven bards lays siege to my fort, armed with bagpipes made from divine fabric, I'll be quakin' in ma boots!

;)

Lol I said I enjoy the IDEA of them having this divine equipment edge, I'm not saying the particular example the OP listed is good for sieges! As in, I wish this material availability in which the elves have can be expanded on to the point where they can use said materials more frequently in combat...In non bagpipe form.

So... ukuleles instead?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:41:49 am by infrequentLurker »
Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 11:59:54 am »

Yup, it certainly gives elves an edge. The next time a group of elven bards lays siege to my fort, armed with bagpipes made from divine fabric, I'll be quakin' in ma boots!

;)

Lol I said I enjoy the IDEA of them having this divine equipment edge, I'm not saying the particular example the OP listed is good for sieges! As in, I wish this material availability in which the elves have can be expanded on to the point where they can use said materials more frequently in combat...In non bagpipe form.

So... ukuleles instead?

i think he means divine metal axes with divine metal strings, doubles as a guitar (which some people call an axe) and a weapon

though im not sure if elves know how to make an axe seeing as its primary use is tree murder
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 01:13:27 pm »

I thought that was the secondary use. It is called a battle axe, after all. The primary use is killing self-righteous gits that try to insist that I don't use it on trees. Then, once they are silenced, I can use it on trees in peace.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 10:21:40 pm »

While playing adventure mode as a jumping spider man, I spawned with the dwarven equivalent of a Violin with strings of "Shadow Stuff". I always pictured him as a heavy metal violinist.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 10:48:11 pm »

I saw this 'feature' over at the Crackedhalls succesion fortress. I first just assumed the 3000 dwarfbucks instrument was yet another elven joke, but they were also selling molten-liquid replacement strings at fours times that price. I still like to think they were just running some sort of scam: buy the instrument for a small investment and we'll be right here to 'help' you when your strings dribble off the neckpiece. Probably made of gluten-free taffy or some soy-based gelatinous paste engineered to melt only after being exposed to a certain air pressure and ambient temperature(which just so happens to correlate to conditions found within your typical dwarven outpost).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:52:19 pm by Salmeuk »
Pages: 1 [2]