Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sort by custom profession?  (Read 1126 times)

doomlichen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sort by custom profession?
« on: December 11, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »

All my legendary stonecrafters and miners are clogging up the craftdwarves menu when they have since moved on to other professions. Is there a way I can make their new professions stick if they have legendary skill in them?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Sort by custom profession?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »

I don't believe so, not in-game.

I think enough is understood about memory hacking that a utility could be made to do it.  Either change the current dwarf type field, or rearrange the order that the skills are listed in the skill struct vector.  One or the other should work.

I'm not volunteering though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sort by custom profession?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:13:00 pm »

If those dwarves surpass their xp in mining with the new skill they will go to a different profession.  Obviously the problem now is that they have I think 20k xp in mining at least and they would have to pass that to change professions.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.