Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Rothral  (Read 5944 times)

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rothral
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »

Another month passes uneventfully, and summer has officially arrived.

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

Hematite, 1052

Plant-gathering has ceased completely – finishing the plaza floor is the top priority.  It’s nearly done, and the main pillars have been completed as well, including Torak’s Tower in the very center – a spire that runs the entire height and depth of the city, and already serves as the access to the cavern below where Mystry carries out his mining duties.  The tower is surrounded by four spiraling staircases, also complete for all five levels.  

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »

Cool.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »

BTW, does anyone know how to use the 3D viewer thingy?(thread hijack I know -- but it's my own thread  :)).  I don't need it yet, but will eventually as the city grows.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »

Shift-V to turn it on. use /and * to rotate. + and - to zoom. It only shows what is in the small window on the left and in all z-levels above and below.

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »

Thanks -- I'll eventually use it to demonstrate various sections of the city.  

Galena, 1052

The dwarves of Rothral continue to be ignored by the outside world, and that suits them just fine.  Meanwhile, Mystry is rapidly becoming a mining machine -- even all six others working at the same time can't keep up with him.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2007, 09:20:00 pm »

And make sure that you're playing in a window when you use it.

And yes, the clothing bug I was referring to is the thing with dwarves not taking off the rotting stuff, leading to massive bad thoughts. At least until they're naked. There are reports that they will remove xClothingx if there's something to replace it, but not XClothingX or XXClothingXX.

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2007, 02:27:00 am »

Limestone, 1052

Autumn began with a bang – within the first week two semi-permanent trade depots were constructed in the plaza, and Mystry reached Legendary status – the first dwarf in the outpost to do so and likely to remain so for quite some time.  By the time the liaison had been spotted in mid-month, he was hard at work expanding Torak’s tower deeper and deeper – the first step in what would be a number of exploratory shafts to get a better idea of what type of valuables were hidden deep within the earth.  

First it was just more dolomite and magnetite, but eventually other types of stone were found:  phyllite, microline, and a fair amount of granite at the bottom of the shaft.  There were more valuable ores too – sphalerite and bismuthinite.  

By the final week of the month, the merchants had arrived and begun offloading their wares, and the construction work was put on hold for the pressing matter of hauling everything available to sell – mostly plants like last year, but also a number of Edos’ surplus roasts, and a few remaining year-and-a-half-old two-humped camel tallow biscuits that nobody had ever eaten.  

Mystry didn't participate -- he was busy hollowing out a new cavern from one of the phyllite levels, nine levels below the desert surface.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 07:00:00 am »

Alas, I never hear much about Erendor.  Guess that's what he gets for being so useless at the moment. >_>;

He'll come into his own once some gems are found or lye production gets underway, I swear!

Sandono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »

Nice to see this is going well.
t this rate, Baron Lorn is going to replace the entire population with his own children since the other dwarves either very rarely pop one out, or have no idea what that thing between their legs are used for besides going to the bathroom and making them f

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 01:59:00 am »

Sandstone, 1052

Our requests were much more diverse this year, since depending on how things went we might actually have something worth selling next time the caravan came.  Anvils, axes, and wood were needed of course since we didn’t know if they’d brought any this year.  Also all kinds of seeds and animals were requested.

In the end the negotiations were anti-climactic and highly disappointing.  They’d brought only a single log and some anvils to trade, and the cheapest iron anvil was twice as expensive as the outpost could afford.  The log was purchased, but that was it, for a few of the plants.  

And so the tedium resumes.  After 20 months, there is more hope for the future, but the present has not changed substantially.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2007, 08:06:00 pm »

Good fun.

Sorry I haven't been keeping good track of this, and have been rather silent since my initialization, as I've been rather busy.  I'm enjoying it, though - These community fortresses are exciting for reasons I can't explain.  :D

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2007, 11:36:00 pm »

Unfortunately, the fun has now come to a dead end.  My laptop is kaput and that's unlikely to change in the immediate future.  I'd recommend everybody go enjoy the other fine community efforts that are out there, and thank's for joining this even though not much came of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]