Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: this sucks  (Read 949 times)

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
this sucks
« on: April 02, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »

Somehow, somewhere, there was not enough foodstuff. The cook cancelled his repeat job.

When I first became aware of the problem, there was still some plump helmet left; also lots of raw fish.

Two dwarfs gutting fish; a total of ten dwarfes having cooking, milling, etc betwen them. A few more kitchens have been built, but it was too late. Endless amount of flour, sugar, leaves in stock. On kitchen was enough to provide for them for years, actually I had to turn it of from time to time.

But now three kitchens are not enough to catch up.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: this sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:04:00 pm »

Well... it happens. Uusually with less severe consequences though in my experience.

[ April 02, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Jaqie Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • Genuine Girl Techie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:03:00 am »

This is why I always farm with tons of plump helmets, never know when you'll need them for whatever reason.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »

i actually prefer farming with things that yield more alcohol when brewed.  then you can cook the alcohol into food.

my current fort had a population of 150.  i failed to notice a food stock problem before it was too late, and they died down to 100, even with a 25 dwarf immigration wave.  75 dead dwarfs before foodstocks were at subsistance level, and a year went by before stocks were up to a reasonable level.

so i doubled the farm size, changed the crop rotation, doubled the number of stills and kitchens, and now foodstocks are ridiculous.

the event is only a memory, as the dwarfs sometimes wisper of the terrible sogdol that led to Gingkunakath, the winter of kittens.

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »

I don't feel like recovering. Unfortunately, the most recent savegame is more than ten hours hold.