Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 111777's WEAPON REBALANCE MOD. [UNTESTED]  (Read 1299 times)

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile
111777's WEAPON REBALANCE MOD. [UNTESTED]
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:32:50 am »

I have a dwarf with a silver whip in 42.06 bought from the human caravans and he is a monster killing hyenas. Whips Still OP ( actually my Militia commander who is a Axe lord and a Swordmaster is stealing all the kills. )

Because whips still have that [NO_SUB:] to 5000!

I remember modding game weapons to rebalance for my tastes. Well making them realistic in other ways like a pew pew lil weak pistol into to a decent good on par with the Assault rifle in some game.

But a Maul in DF?! stolen borrowed from DF Wiki - Mauls are more than three times larger than standard war hammers, with a similar "bash" attack. Mauls also have a 10x larger contact area and greatly reduced penetration, which unfortunately reduces their effectiveness.

It's a taffing Sledge hammer! it crashes skulls of puny tree huggin' elves!   Is the Maul actually a toy plastic hammer? but a Whip can bring down a Dwarf clad in Steel down in three hits?

So i swapped the stats of these weapons making whips bad against Armored foes but good at weak foes while the Maul in the other hand. *Insert Hammer joke*
i also edited
  • scimitars
  • flails
  • morningstars
  • and other weapons that dorfs can't wield

here is my version of the Maul with a trust/lunging attack as another way to chip a bone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually heres the weapons here
Just copy and paste it to your item_weapon.txt but i also recommend to make a backup of it to.

Also heres the ammunition for bolts and arrows.
same thing but in item_ammo.txt instead.

WARNING THIS MOD HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET!
PREPARE FOR MAKING EVERYONE INTO GLASS CANNONS AND ONE HIT WONDERS.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:43:05 am by Player111444 »
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: 111777's WEAPON REBALANCE MOD. [UNTESTED]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:02:33 am »

The vanilla DF one handed battle axe is still more of a fantasy axe with its huge slicing contact area. One handed axes are actually more like edged maces/hammers in terms of contact area. Perhaps the vanilla DF axe is mean to be a stand in for the two handed Danish Long Axe?

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:27:34 am »

The vanilla DF one handed battle axe is still more of a fantasy axe with its huge slicing contact area. One handed axes are actually more like edged maces/hammers in terms of contact area. Perhaps the vanilla DF axe is mean to be a stand in for the two handed Danish Long Axe?

A danish long axe do you mean this?
A Fantasy axe is like this you mean?
Here is a Battle Axe in RL from wikipedia

I Don't know. Maybe in the media the battle axes are mostly improvised hatchets or woodcutting axes. but in RL Battle axes are mostly held in two hands?

Well out of topic But testing. Unmodded whips are in arena with 25 humans with no armor only wielding whips vs 25 humans fully clad in Steel armor with iron maces.
Whips won few lashers hurt.

Modded same but Whips vs Armored Steel Mauls. Mauls won.  Humans Clad in Iron armor rather than Steel suffered a few injuries.

But whips 25 vs whips 25 naked the top side won. Well that goes the testing in the arena.

I also tested the crossbow buttstroke attack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttstroke
it seems that it can penetrate armor even steel with the buttstroke attack but it seems rather slow to struck down a target that is armored though.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:33 am »

Since no one is replying if they tested the mod and tweaks i made.

I just tested the Flail and Morningstar both Iron and Silver and don't see any difference in Vanilla and Modded. They both brought down a Armored Fighter Clad in Iron Armor and then Steel.

Right now i think of moving this to the Released Mods right now and thinking of closing this topic.

It was Fun until the arrow hits eye.

Right now testing Arrows and Crossbows.  :) 

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:48:10 am »

Welp

The Crossbows [Bolts] and Arrows are still the same annoying ones to your armored dwarves

But it shows that metal arrows and bolts are very got at killing unarmored targets.

kind a wished it has a some armor penetration though.

Releasing mod to released mods.   ;)

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.