Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this worth adding to the Pregenerated Worlds list?  (Read 1439 times)

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is this worth adding to the Pregenerated Worlds list?
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:40:00 pm »

I'm trying to find a Island Volcano fortress location, and after a couple seeds I decided the best way to find one was asking for it.  Using a simple substitution code, I turned "MAGMA" into 1317131 (palindrome, yay!).  Edit: unfortunately, one of these two things (or both) is required as well: Name is "Name", and Title is "TITLE".  I was testing to see when and where each showed up, sorry.  No. of rejects: 24.

First volcanic "Island" I came across was THIS:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... isn't that a Magma Vent ON a glacier?  Is that kosher?  But that wasn't all.

Next "Island" over:

Magma Vent, Glacier, AND Ocean.  Wow.  Am I being mad newbish, or is that just plain cool?

And two islands south:

Magma vent on mainland, with Island in range (short and long region = underwater tunnel project?), and TWO more location on island (marked with grey on middle map) with Magma Vent bordering ocean.

I explored 4 Volcanic islands on the map so far to get these shots.  There are an additional 2 Volcanic islands I didn't bother to explore.  

So, am I tooting my own horn, or is this actually an interesting seed?

[ December 09, 2007: Message edited by: TeDDD ]

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this worth adding to the Pregenerated Worlds list?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 09:50:00 pm »

Pretty interesting... how many rejects?
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:56:00 pm »

11 Rejects.  Took me about 20 seconds, though.

Of note: at first location there is a 6-level cap of obsidian on top of 12-level magma.  Instant Furnaces anyone?

Edit: oh crap.  I just regenerated it and it was different.  Maybe the title and name need to be the same as well... stay tuned...

Edit 2: pretty sure I figured it out, see edit in original post.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »

Wow, I am too tired.  First: the current edit to the main post is correct.  {1317131, TITLE, Name} are the parameters.

Second, there were a LOT more oceanside vents than I originally noticed, such as:

Sinister Magma, ocean, and Island.  Cool.

Say, can Glass resist Magma?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »

Magma in a glacier isn't especially unusual; still, that's a pretty neat map.

Worth archiving? I don't see why not. If I had the webcoding knowhow, I'd like to see a seed archive organized by OS that would allow users to search a database of pregenerated seeds according to their requirements.. now that would be cool. Unfortunately, the only thing I can code is MUX.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »

I'd say it's worth posting, just for the magma/glacier/ocean all close enough that you can get them in a 3x3 map.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!