Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I just killed a Roc...What should I do?  (Read 968 times)

Kamitorrorga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I just killed a Roc...What should I do?
« on: March 05, 2016, 04:56:36 pm »

I dont know how, but I just survived a roc attack. My troops are all legendary, but I expected them to be killed one by one O.o. Maybe its this thing where every fortress I have, my military are as sharp as what an adamantine scalpel would be.

Anyhow, I've already made a memorial (mausoleum)  to the death of my first militia commander who got overwhelmed by goblin hammermen,swordsman,bowmen and recruits. Its lined with solid gold walls in the inside, 4 iron statues, 2 gold statues guarding the 2 iron doors, a golden chest and an iron sarcophagus (Having dreams of putting a magma pull ontop of it).

Should I make a better testament to the killing of the accursed thing?
Advise 1: Babies + Miners doing an aquifer plug + underground = Floating Haunted Baby Fun.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
Re: I just killed a Roc...What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 06:11:45 pm »

Most megabeasts are pretty disappointing, really. Sure, dragons can exhale miniature suns, but pass out from a chipped bone just as easily as a kobold thief.

Really, the best memorial there is some ☼Roc Tallow Roast☼s.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Kamitorrorga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I just killed a Roc...What should I do?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 06:41:04 pm »

Yeah, I guess so... Welp, I just found out my dwarves butchered the Roc body without my noticing.

52 Prepared Roc lung.
256 Roc meat
and 76 Roc intestines.

I would love to be the dwarves right now...Roast's it is!
Advise 1: Babies + Miners doing an aquifer plug + underground = Floating Haunted Baby Fun.