Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human caravan did not come  (Read 2493 times)

tranquilium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human caravan did not come
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:08:53 am »

Version 42.04. I have two consecutive forts which receive no human caravans. The embark screen shows human as neighbors and friendly. I run the first fort for four years and no human caravan. The second fort is in the second year and it is autumn. No human caravan again despite I specifically checked human is shown as neighbors at embark. I did use fixmerchant and fixdiplomat from dfhack and both shows "added 0 xxx of 9 civilizations". The elven and dwarven caravan both came fine, though there is no diplomats from the elves despite using the dfhack command.

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human caravan did not come
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:22:46 am »

There's a bug with the exported wealth counter. It stays at 0. The humans need you to have exported at least 500 urists of stuff before they send a caravan. So, as the counter stays at 0, they never come.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9435

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 11:24:01 am »

I would expect your export value being reported as being 0 (known bug, fixed in upcoming .06). This, in turn, causes the humans not to arrive. I worked around that by adding the "missing" standard criteria for elves to humans in entity_default.txt, [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_*]. The next summer they arrived. Note that you'll have to modify the version in the save, not the standard one. The current condition says the export has to be such and such large, while the missing ones says that the population has to be at least 20, and the third one says the value generated by the fortress has to be above some limit. Meeting any of these conditions will allow the caravan to arrive (you still have to be in range, of course, you they were pre embark).

tranquilium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:16 pm »

I would expect your export value being reported as being 0 (known bug, fixed in upcoming .06). This, in turn, causes the humans not to arrive. I worked around that by adding the "missing" standard criteria for elves to humans in entity_default.txt, [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_*]. The next summer they arrived. Note that you'll have to modify the version in the save, not the standard one. The current condition says the export has to be such and such large, while the missing ones says that the population has to be at least 20, and the third one says the value generated by the fortress has to be above some limit. Meeting any of these conditions will allow the caravan to arrive (you still have to be in range, of course, you they were pre embark).

Thanks, I will try that.