Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A star wars conversion mod?  (Read 947 times)

MeGaJ0eY

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A star wars conversion mod?
« on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:25 am »

Are there any star wars mods out there for DF?

If not I was thinking of making one. I'm a massive fan of star wars and DF would be great for bringing together all the creatures, weapons, cultures, force powers, etc, etc.

I have modded some small stuff before but nothing as big as a total conversion so this will be a bit of a challenge but I'm looking forward to it.

I would really appreciate some feedback and opinions as well so feel free to ask questions here!

MeGaJ0eY

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: A star wars conversion mod?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 07:49:38 am »

So I've started off by adding in a lot of weapons like vibroblades and blasters, for the ranged weapons I've used blowgunner skill for pistols, bow skill for rifles and crossbow skill for assault cannons (or shoulder mounted weapons) the melee weaponry all use their associated skills.

I have a question however, can unarmed skills such as striking be used to make weapons like knuckle-blades or wristblades? for example:

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_KNUCKLE_BLADE]
[NAME:knuckle blade:knuckle blades]
[SIZE:300]
[SKILL:STRIKING]
[TWO_HANDED:37500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:32500]
[CAN_STONE]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:EDGE:20000:4000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:08:13 pm »

I don't know anything about the unarmed bit you mentioned, but for dealing with blasters and the like, you may want to look at Fallout: Equestria (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0)

It's not on 42.x and has been abandoned, but it does a good job with energy weapons and some fancier high tech stuff, while also integrating magic (with the force basically is), so some of it's implementation could be referenced for tricky bits.

EDIT: It also has a weapon called the Power Hoof - basically a pony version of the Fallout Powerfist, which would be an unarmed based striking weapon.  A bladed version should basically be like that with a smaller contact area.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:12:02 pm by Rydel »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:19:33 pm »

Also take a look at First Landing. It makes heavy use of DFHack to get something that actually seems like it could be sci-fi instead of fantasy with a thin coat of paint...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MeGaJ0eY

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:28:47 am »

Cheers! I'll definitely look into those, I've never really used DF hack before so I'll have to look into that.