Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ERRANT combat mechanics test: Now degenerated into a duelling club  (Read 4929 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT combat mechanics test: Now degenerated into a duelling club
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 05:18:52 pm »

((If I may make a suggestion, it might be nice to describe the turn in-universe without referencing rolls and such, and put all the mechanics-related stuff in a spoiler at the end of an action/post. Makes it easier to follow and doesn't take you out of the experience as much, while still giving all the info to those that like it.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 06:57:15 pm »

((Originally, Aigre did keep the rolls and mechanics hidden.  We asked him to show them so that we could learn the system, and help with its development.  There's been a number of improvements which came from people suggesting changes.

Moving all the numbers to a spoiler could satisfy all parties, but it would create more work for Aigre.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 03:04:43 am »

If Ocelot disengages from me, fire a 40mm HE at Sean.

If Ocelot continues to assault me, fire three .44 called shots into his head.  And block his axe with my shield.

Drop the revolver in my hand, draw the axe and hack at Henry's weapon arm.

Fire another burst at both of them.

Ocelot draws his hand axe and attacks Henry's right arm.

Henry moves his shield against Ocelot's axe. Ocelot binds hard. Henry slams his shield against the Ocelot, displacing the attack.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Patrick shoots into the melee.

1 Burst hits the Ocelot.

One round dings his armor. 2 rounds hit the Ocelot in the right arm. The fractures in Ocelot's arms shatter again, this time in smaller and more pieces than before.

Henry then shoots the Ocelot with a .44 magnum. The Ocelot throws a punch with his left hand to attempt to displace the pistol. Henry fends off the punch and shoves his gun into the Ocelot's face.

The gun goes "bang bang". And Ocelot is shot down. The first and second round penetrate the Ocelot's brain. The second round cuts the Ocelot's spinal column. The third turns a cluster of arteries into a fountain of blood. The Ocelot's head explodes.

Henry:

Hitpoints: 37/150 Suffocating from a chest wound, bleeding right arm, bleeding in the skull, partial red fog. -15 suffocating -5 bleeding right arm -10 red fog
Hitpoints: 7/150 Suffocating from a chest wound, bleeding right arm, bleeding in the skull, partial red fog. Dizzy from blood loss.

Sean:

Hitpoints: 100/150 .44 magnum in left arm, .44 magnum in right arm. Bandaged arms.

Ocelot:

Hitpoints: 123/150 Bandaged right arm, shattered right elbow. - 6x2 5.56mm in the right arm. -15 aggravated fractures -5x2 bleeding bullet wounds in right arm -10x3 magnum. -30x2 brain shot - 30 major arterial cluster hit. -40 blood fountain from central arterial wounds. -20 spinal column severed -20 skull shattered.
Total: -84/150 1 bandaged right arm wound, 2 bleeding right arm wound, rebroken and aggravated fractures in right arm. Decapitated by head explosion.

Henry:

Sean:

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 07:09:34 am »

shield op pls nerf BabyRage PJSalt

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 07:32:00 am »

full auto fire to keep Henry's head down.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »

((Yes, Egan, shield very OP.  Aigre also made a mistake with Sean hitting you--he should have missed because it's melee range which grants another -1--but it doesn't really matter due to my own shots.))

If this type of thing would work, fire a 40mm flashbang at Sean, and when he's stunned, sprint to melee him and jam the MP7 against his head while firing on full auto. 

If the flashbang would stun me, or I can't use a machine pistol in melee, then just fire a 40mm HE at Sean.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 05:49:42 am »

full auto fire to keep Henry's head down.
c
((Yes, Egan, shield very OP.  Aigre also made a mistake with Sean hitting you--he should have missed because it's melee range which grants another -1--but it doesn't really matter due to my own shots.))

If this type of thing would work, fire a 40mm flashbang at Sean, and when he's stunned, sprint to melee him and jam the MP7 against his head while firing on full auto. 

If the flashbang would stun me, or I can't use a machine pistol in melee, then just fire a 40mm HE at Sean.

Smoke. Smoke everywhere!

Would a flashbang work? Henry's intuition tells him, odds are, no. Because he can't see shit. A launched HE grenade would be just as ineffective, but the machine pistol would still work. Since he's about to die anyway he fires a flash bang and a HE grenade randomly into the smoke, and then charges with his MP-7 and shield.

Sean sprays the rest of his magazine at Henry, through the fog. Henry takes a mind roll for all his previous wounds, and the incoming fire. He rolls a 1+1. Henry looks at the odds, and just gives up on life. He takes cover and succumbs to the blood loss.

Sean stands Victorious on the field of battle!

Henry:
Hitpoints: 7/150 Suffocating from a chest wound, bleeding right arm, bleeding in the skull, partial red fog. Dizzy from blood loss. -15 suffocating -5 bleeding -10 red fog
Hitpoints: -23/150 Unconscious

Sean:

Hitpoints: 100/150 .44 magnum in left arm, .44 magnum in right arm. Bandaged arms.

Henry

Sean:
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »

Hey, Sean the third has finally regained the family honor after the failings of Sean the second.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 10:38:26 am »

Now I'll come up with a proper mission for ERRANT.

My original idea that your government sponsors hate you so much after that last fiasco that they sent you to investigate reports of alien heavy armor in a town called silent hill. But I don't think the team is ready for that. You'll all die. Instead we should test vehicle mechanics with some light vehicle combat. That should allow us to iron out the mechanics more. Stand by for new thread, etc.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 04:52:53 pm »

If you're going to relaunch it, relaunch it.  There's no need to maintain narrative continuity.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 03:40:17 am »

((Please use the already existing thread, and that is this.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 05:27:03 am »

PTW

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 10:29:29 pm »

Yeah, just use this thread.

1.Will we be rolling up new characters, or keeping our old ones from the first mission (those who survived the first mission, at least)?

2.If the latter, we can respec our characters, due to the greatly changed system, right?  Including the two levelups?

3.Do you think we'll be encountering aliens with +4 shooting any time soon?  Or will that level of skill be reserved for the alien spec ops elites?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 02:03:39 am »

Despite calls for economy of threads, I want to take this system and make a slightly different game from the intended UFO defense game.

The kind of numbers we're running aren't so suited for simulating combat against multiple squads of alien invaders.

So instead, I give you: ERRANT Cleaning Agency - where that high-detail hitpoint system would be both practical and !fun!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157188.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]