Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Yet Another "Lets Play Dwarf Fortress" Thread  (Read 4347 times)

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another "Lets Play Dwarf Fortress" Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2007, 02:55:00 pm »

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »

Here you can see the layout for the noble's quarters, as you can see, the nobles are protected via a moat, that will connect to each room for their comfort so they can open up a floodgate and then drink straight from the moat, or perhaps do a bit of fishing.

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »

Yay, the fort is doomed!

Looks like some bug is ruining things for Tranceworks. All the farmers are refusing to build the fields needed to make the plump helmets required for the survival of the fort.

:(

But what do I know?

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>Yay, the fort is doomed!

Looks like some bug is ruining things for Tranceworks. All the farmers are refusing to build the fields needed to make the plump helmets required for the survival of the fort.

Until this bug is resolved (perhaps in a patch?) or someone comes up with a solution that works, I'm leaving the fort alone   :(</STRONG>

How long has it been like that? Sometimes they're just really, really slow. Also, try cancling construction and redesignating the building... That should work no matter what the problem is.

On a side note your design for noble housing has inspired me.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

hmm the design is good.....certainly will save me the time of needing to dig out a deat.......interagation room.....  :D
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2007, 01:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Eiba:
<STRONG>
How long has it been like that? Sometimes they're just really, really slow. Also, try cancling construction and redesignating the building... That should work no matter what the problem is.</STRONG>

Its been like that for quite a while. I'll try going back to a slightly earlier save and build/rebuild the plot, maybe try and see if it works if I try as two different plots or whatnot.
But what do I know?

Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Rei

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2007, 08:57:00 pm »

Unlock the door to the farm  :)

Xeirxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2007, 02:15:00 am »

one time my dwarves refused to build a farm plot because there were rocks in the way. i am not sure what to do in this instance.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2007, 04:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Reinc:
<STRONG>Unlock the door to the farm   :)</STRONG>

Ha ha, we have a winner.
Shame on me for thinking that a locked farm plot will give a suspended due to lack of pathing message.
Boy do I feel like an idiot.
But what do I know?

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2007, 08:40:00 am »

"Firs they banish me for openin the wrong door... Now there's a commotin aboot me not openin a bleedin door... I'm farmer, not a doordwurf!"

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Svirfneblim:
<STRONG>"Firs they banish me for openin the wrong door... Now there's a commotin aboot me not openin a bleedin door... I'm farmer, not a doordwurf!"</STRONG>

Best comment on this thread so far  :)
But what do I know?

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »

I am so awesome.   :D

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2007, 04:25:00 am »

I'm sorry for not updating, but I'm really... Toast... As far as this fortress goes  :(

I was wondering if perhaps someone would like to pick up from my save, and perhaps we could organize some sort of succession game from it (kind of like this)
If you're up for it I'll upload the save.

( :()

But what do I know?

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »

What is wrong with these games?! They never suvive the first year. What happened?

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2007, 04:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>I'm sorry for not updating, but I'm really... Toast... As far as this fortress goes   :(

I was wondering if perhaps someone would like to pick up from my save, and perhaps we could organize some sort of succession game from it (kind of like this)
If you're up for it I'll upload the save.

(  :()</STRONG>

I totally understand, these things can become really bothersome to do when you get beyond the initial stages...

As for a succession game- that's actually a great idea, as it's always fresh for whoever's playing- I do think the fortress should be set up from the beginning as a succession game though.

For the record, Boatmurdered is the most awesome fortress I've ever seen. It's demise was both sad and glorious.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]