Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do syndromes in food get transferred to prepared foods?  (Read 994 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Do syndromes in food get transferred to prepared foods?
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:16:18 am »

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I'm pretty sure this can only happen in a modded game so I went with asking it here.

As the title says, if you have a food that triggers a syndrome when eaten, then do prepared foods still trigger the syndrome? I could test it myself, but it's a bit of a dangerous syndrome, and my fortress can't afford to lose any dwarves.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: Do syndromes in food get transferred to prepared foods?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 08:25:07 am »

Have you tried on making a test fortress and test it on those poor nearly unintelligible souls? Also what's this syndrome? What's it do?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 02:49:09 am »

Yes, as I recall foods transfer the syndromes of all their components.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 10:00:57 am »

For future reference, you can always use a substitute set of symptoms for testing... flashing the tile is harmless and easily spotted.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 12:41:43 pm »

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, but I'm pretty sure this can only happen in a modded game so I went with asking it here.
You can actually encounter this is in an unmodded game as a possible feature of some generated creatures (usually forgotten beasts). It typically involves dwarves killing off the beast and cheerfully harvesting the corpse, only to begin rotting to death in the dining room some time later.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:43:51 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:25:45 pm »

You can actually encounter this is in an unmodded game as a possible feature of some generated creatures (usually forgotten beasts). It typically involves dwarves killing off the beast and cheerfully harvesting the corpse, only to begin rotting to death in the dining room some time later.
Ive had a similar thing happen in my fort where shortly after killing off a forgotten beast, the corpse proceeded to get harvested and cooked into meals for my 130 dwarves, 48 of them were left winded from the cooking skills of Urist Mcfortpoisoner and eventually suffocated in awe.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!