Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The death of Ohe - shortest well prepared adventure.  (Read 823 times)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
The death of Ohe - shortest well prepared adventure.
« on: January 11, 2016, 05:48:43 pm »

So, I've been wanting to do a narrative adventure mode LP for a while, in particular to draw the things in the world(because I have an artblock I need to get over) and also because I am looking for something to guide me through figuring out which Stonesense graphics are missing...

So, to get in the mood, I roll an Elf(because if I am gonna be staring at nature, that's easy to satisfy), and start in a human town. In the meantime, I opened up my worldmap in Inkscape, adjusted the size-ratio, while opening up my Questlog, and start copying over the names:

Worldmap(imgur doesn't do SVGs, so dropbox has to do)

Because, on one hand it helps to see where what is in one blink of an eye, SVGs can have unlimited resolution, and let's face it, who doesn't like Tolkieny maps. So after an hour of copying over every Oillaboured hamlet and hillock(Things that would be useful as utility: SVG worldmap with names), I set off to adventure.

==Ohe Kazissátra==

"Wouldn't it be grant to just take a life-long holiday, and do nothing all day?"

The Lady Xugot tells me as she stabs a Kobold with her boning knife. "What do you think, Ohe?"

"Certainly Milady," I reply. Having time for yourself is worthwhile. Around me various soldiers and guards are in conflict with Kobolds, trying to protect the Human Lawgiver of the Oaken Confederacy, Asti Crestsizzled(Pirnianstrid). The blood sickens me.

"But, what is going on?" I ask her.

"Hm?" She put away her boning knife as the Kobold in front of her is pierced by an arrow. "A insurrection, I think."

"From whom?"

"The Brass Canyon, I suspect," says his majesty, Asti behind me, "They have been skirmishing with us over the treatment of plants."

(Note: Chestnut, according to descriptor_color_standard.txt... is pink, I also added hairstylings to the human-entity to have a bit more variety in the descriptions.)

Xugot frowns her formidable chest-nut pink eyebrows. "My liege, the Brass Canyon are an Elven civilisation," she points at me, as if to use my race to illustrate. "These," she points at the dead Kobold in front of her, "are Kobolds."

"Oh, nevermind then," his majesty bumbles off.

Xugot looks back at me, "It's probably some criminals that think they can take us. They came up via the sewers," She points at a hatch leading downwards, "Nothing to worry about." She pauses and surveys the bloodbath that paints the inside of the Twinkling Castle. "Well, unless you are living here that is. Dear god, how are we even going to clean up this mess?"

When I go down the hatch, her words are proven true: Kobold corpes everywhere in the sprawling chambers beneath the Twinkling Castle.

Once things calm down I go talk to his Majesty.

"Life is so short," he says, while observing the massacre, "on one hand we shouldn't kill them, on the other hand they started attacking poor Rosmic over there." He points at a lanky boy whose chestnut-pink hair badly clashes with his redroot dyed clothes. His majesty leans in, "He's the grandson of Fensast Divedstill, the lord of Assaultgroups, it's a hamlet south west from here, past the Special Jungle, anyway, his grandfather was a real adventurer, traveled the Plains of Clapping before becoming a lord, his father is a ranger and ended up marrying his mother, the pious First Apex of the Courageous Fellowship. Word is she's... obsessed with her own mortality since she had him. Sad that the young boy had to see this."

Not certain what to say about that, I leave the keep.

So, this is Diedquested. It's a seaside human town made by the Oaken Confederacy, and ruled by the Matched Band. It's mostly full of humans, though there's quite a bit of dwarfs living here as well. I think I am the only Elf here.

As I decide to move towards the city gates, an Ambush happens!

The Giant Alligator Recruit Shelthesat is a huge monster in the shape of an alligator. But why did it decide to attack me in the middle of a market? No matter, I prepare my... spear? I am a swordman, why do I have a spear... Ugh.

I thought I could fight off this attack, but she dodges me several times before biting me. Why was no one doing anything?

I decide to run away towards the keep until my bleeding stopped and attacked again...

Unfortunately, she was too fast.

--------------------------------------------

So, I ended up creating another adventurer in the same town. And then I checked my Questlog, and realised that rumours are bugged. All of Ohe's actions are duplicated for each year they could've possibly happened in.(so the year -4,-3,-2,-1,0 etc.) So I guess I am off to the bugtracker then, and may not be continuing this world, so I decided to post what I had anyway.

edit: Bug posted, but it seems a memory issue, my rumours are back to normal again.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:09:39 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The death of Ohe - shortest well prepared adventure.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 04:52:58 pm »

Nice story!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane