Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farming on Murky Pools?  (Read 793 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Farming on Murky Pools?
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:38:09 pm »

I'm playing on 0.34.11 so sorry if this was a bug that was fixed later on, but is there any way to farm on Murky Pools? I had one right above the farming area I set up, so eventually I dug through it to clear up more space as well as make some aboveground farming areas that could be covered over later and basically be underground, but there's still some spaces marked as murky pools in the middle that I can't get rid of, which won't allow a farm to be built over them. Is there any way to fix this?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: Farming on Murky Pools?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:48:53 pm »

Never heard of this.  If you're certain the tile is completely drained, you can try building a Floor over it and then removing said floor.  Though honestly, unless farming space is at a premium, doesn't seem worth the trouble.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 04:50:32 pm »

I've got no idea about 0.34.11, but I've removed the "murky pool-edness" of 0.40.X drained pools by flooring them over and removing the floor afterwards. That caused those tiles to sprout grass, saplings, etc.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:29:12 pm »

The tile was definitiely completely drained. I was trying to use that space specifically because it was kind of already specified as the space I would use, I had a grid of farms and that pool was in the grid.
Anyway, building a floor over it then removing the floor worked. Thanks.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 12:16:40 am »

The tile was definitiely completely drained. I was trying to use that space specifically because it was kind of already specified as the space I would use, I had a grid of farms and that pool was in the grid.
Anyway, building a floor over it then removing the floor worked. Thanks.

Aye, this is actually still in the current versions.  The murky-pool tiles have a script in them to generate water when it rains.  Thus, they have to be destroyed (and have said trigger removed) before you can farm over them.  I think making a dirt road also works, but its been a while since I had the exact same problem (need to expand farm grid into pool).