Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question on Tile sets  (Read 804 times)

Taybabie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A question on Tile sets
« on: January 05, 2016, 07:56:53 pm »

Hey all, I've a question on tile sets. I like the clear and clean look of the Ascii; yet I can't play it because the black background with the minor coloring on it mess with my eyes. I do use the CLA graphic set. (I really like this set it is clean and easy to understand. I give it 2 thumbs up by the way.  :D ) But there are so many others interesting looking ones out there to try.

My eyes just can't handle the black area around the graphics. I don't read in dark mode. And my word processing program has an color background to the work area.

Here is my question; is there a way to add backgrounds color to the tiles?

Thanks

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: A question on Tile sets
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:24:24 am »

Adding a translucent layer to the background makes it take the color of the tile portion.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: A question on Tile sets
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 10:30:36 am »

I used to use Vidumec's:

Eventually I stopped because the same-color backgrounds make it more difficult to distinguish things at a glance.

Interestingly, tiles can have separate background colors, but it's not used very often. Notice the red background of any corpse. Maybe someone will write a DF hack plugin to change the background of tiles to their ground type, instead of being black all the time. Maybe Toady could even do something. I think I'll create a suggestion thread.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:34:29 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?