Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bedrooms  (Read 509 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bedrooms
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »

I was watching a let's play over the weekend (not sure the version but it was a recent LP)...anyway he was constructing bedrooms and creating the bedroom but not assigning them.  I thought you HAD to assign a bedroom to be used or do get the happiness of ownership.  Am I mistaken? 
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Bedrooms
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:10:06 pm »

Nope you dont have to.

A free room will sooner or later be claimed by a homeless dwarf and as such owned by him/her/it/that/etc/pp/usw.

Assinging them individual rooms can speed that up, but unless you have a specific dwarf in a specific room it is not necessary.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 06:12:56 pm »

You're mistaken. Rooms designated as bedrooms but not allocated are free for grabbing by any room less dorf, so they sort it out themselves if you just provide rooms. In fact, not claiming any room is one of the signs of an undesirable kind of migrant.

Astrid typed faster than I did...

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »

I only assign individual rooms to nobles.  Commoners can pick their own damned rooms.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz