Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adamantium mandates  (Read 883 times)

Captain Xenon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
adamantium mandates
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:53:00 pm »

baroness consort mandates construction of adamantium items (2/2).

"Hey, theres a lever in your room for you to pull/R. why dont you go do that for a while?"

baroness consort goes over, starts pulling.... and the dwarves lock and barricade the door to her room.

"how long till she dies?"
"well, she just had a drink.. dunno. lets hope its soon, i dont like the look of that hammerer."

i know the map has the adamantium somewhere... but the chances of finding it anytime soon are about zero (its a 9x9 map). adamantium mandates are about the worst thing ive seen yet, and here i am with no easy deathchamber. guess i have to build one now...  with magma.

edit: oh, this is funny. the baron and his wife both worship a god of misery... now if the magma chamber will just get built a little bit faster....

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Xenon ]

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: adamantium mandates
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

Well it's not as bad as mandates for crystal glass.  I, unfortunately, had an adamantine vein where I was digging the bed chambers.  That's going to screw with rent prices later on.
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 01:09:00 am »

Can't you import all of the parts for crystal glass? Pearlash and Rock Crystals? By this reasoning, green glass is the worst, becuase you can not import sand.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Captain Xenon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 01:46:00 am »

you can import cut gems. you need rough gems for glass. you cant use cut gems.

so, for glass, if you dont have sand, you dont get green or clear glass, or soap. and without rock crystal deposits, you dont get crystal glass.

i dunno, i tend to find demands of adamantium more unreasonable than demands for crystal glass. especially from a baroness consort. but with unreasonable demands, someone is going to die eventually. so preemptive strikes ftw...

she starved to death in her room, and my magma death chamber is ready now, complete with bauxite 'bait' lever. took me too long to get the bauxite mechanisms ready for the nickel floodgate, but the next time i need it its set to go.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:29:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Strife26:
<STRONG>Can't you import all of the parts for crystal glass? Pearlash and Rock Crystals? By this reasoning, green glass is the worst, becuase you can not import sand.</STRONG>

Well yes, but it's not intended for nobles to mandate goods you don't have the means to produce. If it does happen I think it's considered buggy or broken and will get seen to eventually I bet.

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

I think you need rough rock crystals for crystal glass, and you cannot, as far as I remember, trade rough gems.

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Xenon:
<STRONG>baroness consort mandates construction of adamantium items (2/2).

"Hey, theres a lever in your room for you to pull/R. why dont you go do that for a while?"

baroness consort goes over, starts pulling.... and the dwarves lock and barricade the door to her room.

"how long till she dies?"
"well, she just had a drink.. dunno. lets hope its soon, i dont like the look of that hammerer."

i know the map has the adamantium somewhere... but the chances of finding it anytime soon are about zero (its a 9x9 map). adamantium mandates are about the worst thing ive seen yet, and here i am with no easy deathchamber. guess i have to build one now...  with magma.

edit: oh, this is funny. the baron and his wife both worship a god of misery... now if the magma chamber will just get built a little bit faster....

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Xenon ]</STRONG>

The correct answer to give to your post is that adamantium wafers count as items. so if you make wafers from thread you fulfill the mandate I think. so its not that hard unless it's a specified item, such as crafts.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

...er. And how would he make wafers, again, without finding the adamantine?