Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found out how to trade artifacts!  (Read 1198 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Found out how to trade artifacts!
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

Yes, it is possible to trade artifacts.

If you really need to do so, have a bin made, and trade the bin away once it has the artifact (look for the rediculously overpriced bin).

This should be added to the wiki.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Found out how to trade artifacts!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:32:00 pm »

Um...while the bin will show up with a massive value when selecting goods to move to the fort, the artifact will not be available to trade.

Unless you've done something particularly clever? Basically all of my craftsgoods artifacts end up in bins, which regularly get taken to and from depots, and I never end up trading them away.

Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Derakon:
<STRONG>Um...while the bin will show up with a massive value when selecting goods to move to the fort, the artifact will not be available to trade.

Unless you've done something particularly clever? Basically all of my craftsgoods artifacts end up in bins, which regularly get taken to and from depots, and I never end up trading them away.</STRONG>

Trade the entire bin, the artifact goes with it.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 01:19:00 am »

I'd have to agree with Derakon on this one. I've selected a bin for trade that was purely artifacts (2 amulets and an idol from memory), making sure it was the only item I had taken to the depot.

Open the trade window... one +Alder Bin+, no contents. Incidentally, this is with the latest version, vanilla flavoured, etc.

One thing I can't remember, does anyone know if they take the bin and leave the artifacts in the stockpile, or do they dump the 'fact at the depot? (I have a lot of haulers, and I never remember to check before the artifacts have been safely binned)

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 02:23:00 am »

Osmosis: Whilst I can't answer that question, I just wanted to agree with you about the rest. I've tried all I can think of to trade away artifacts. But the bins always turn up empty when they're at the trade depot.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

They leave artifacts in the stockpiles.
So no, this does not work.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jaybud4:
<STRONG>They leave artifacts in the stockpiles.
So no, this does not work.</STRONG>

I think I ran into a glitch then... darn.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »

Jaybud, please change your signature. The fixed-width font combined with long lines murders any thread you post in.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels