Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple creature civ in raws, spawns civ for every creature. How to fix?  (Read 521 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile

I have yet again, another conundrum with my Animal People mod.

My mod functions by having one animal person civ, with a ton of different [CREATURE:] tokens to give diversity. However this seems to generate a new civ for every creature in the list, instead of randomly selecting an animal person each time a civ is needed (like I hoped it would). That results in having 13 or so animal civs and only several goblin/elf/human/dwarf civs.  :-\

I want there to be the same ratio of animal person civs to other civs, but still keep the diversity of animal people.

How can I do this?
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile

You can limit the amount of civs that are generated from the MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER entity token to some low amount. Of course the value you set would have to depend on what kind of map you usually generate, since a number meant for a pocket world would be very small if you then went and generated a large world.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile

You can limit the amount of civs that are generated from the MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER entity token to some low amount. Of course the value you set would have to depend on what kind of map you usually generate, since a number meant for a pocket world would be very small if you then went and generated a large world.

Yeah, I thought about that option, but it's unviable for the reasons you've stated, I'd like to explore all my options first.  :-\

I've had the idea of putting all the animal people into one creatue, with a bunch of castes for each animal person. The problem there would be crossbreeding and nonsensical births, (two creatures of different species creating yet another different species). If I could somehow limit what caste they marry, and then again, what caste they give birth to, that would fix this whole problem.

I know that castes with no maxage will not marry castes with it, but I don't want half of them to be immortal, plus that still wouldn't solve the whole issue of different caste babbies.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Nevermind, I found a rather unelegant solution.

I just weighted all the other civs with more [CREATURE:] tokens so that the animal men were evened out.

Thanks anyway  :)

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile

oh, thats fairly clever, actually. nicely done.