Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diamonddreams, the Dwarven Library! [42.03]  (Read 1027 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diamonddreams, the Dwarven Library! [42.03]
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:50:11 am »

My cunning plan is to create a fortress like no other - based not on fighting, but on peaceful study, writing and arts. Diamonddreams will consist of a library tower, living quarters, a tavern and a cathedral, but little else. Dwarves will be refined and intelligent, writing books and pondering philosophy. The arts will also be encouraged, with dancing and poetry.

Even the sub-class of servants and workers who mine, smith and farm will be cultured and refined.

This will not be a succession fortress, but you can be dorfed if you wish, and rename them. I will be updating from the point of view of the dwarf/ves I choose as my avatars in DF.

It is a small world with frequent minerals and 550 year history. Its name is the Land of Vision - perhaps an omen?

http://imgur.com/GaOF0nS

http://imgur.com/ly495Fo

The Praised Knowing Scholars shall strike the earth! Or, rather, their servants Likot, As and Rigoth will. They'll probably just talk.

Dwarves:
- As Bankringed: Proficient Engraver, Adequate Miner, Novice Reader. Servant Class.
- Rigoth Entracedtowns: Proficient Engraver, Competent Musician, Competent Singer, Adequate Miner, Novice Reader. Servant Class (1st narrator.)
- Likot Tradepaddles: Adequate Miner, Adequate Brewer, Adequate Grower, Novice Reader. Servant Class.

- Ber Splashbanners: Adequate Wordsmith, Adequate Writer, Adequate Fluid Engineer, Novice Diagnostician, Novice Surgeon, Novice Bone Doctor, Novice Reader. Expedition Leader (2nd narrator.)
- Feb Ragdune: Adequate Wordsmith, Adequate Writer, Adequate Poet, Adequate Geographer, Novice Reader.
- Nomal Whipman: Adequate Wordsmith, Adequate Writer, Adequate Astronomer, Adequate Optics Engineer, Novice Reader.
- Thob Steamyboat (a.k.a. LordBrassroasts, Ilul Konosibesh): Adequate Wordsmith, Adequate Writer, Adequate Chemist, Adequate Mathematician, Novice Reader. Dorfed by Lord Brassroasts.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:46:32 am by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Diamonddreams, the Dwarven Library!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:23:49 am »

I'll take a dorf!

Name: LordBrassroast
Profession: Scientist (just make me write science-y stuff if you can control that  :D)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diamonddreams, the Dwarven Library!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »

I'll take a dorf!

Name: LordBrassroast
Profession: Scientist (just make me write science-y stuff if you can control that  :D)

Thob Steamyboat, the chemist and mathematician, is yours!

Her description is here: http://imgur.com/3h9U4Xj

I even translated her nickname into dwarven for that extra touch. Now, if I could only figure out how to insert imgur pictures into forum posts...
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Diamonddreams, the Dwarven Library! [42.03]
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

This alive?  ???

polon89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diamonddreams, the Dwarven Library! [42.03]
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 10:50:20 pm »

Greetings I would like to be dorfed has Velvet a female herbalist that ponders in the matter of death and diseases, and might have a bit of military training even thought there might not be a real militar force in the settlement, and she gets rusty.
Always in the philosophical search of answers.