Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (D&D 5e)(NOT A GAME) Looking for a DM for me and my friends. Help, please?  (Read 610 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile

Hi! I wasn't really sure where to put this thread exactly, so I hope I'm doing this right.

Me and some friends are looking for a dungeon master to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition for us. There are at least 3 of us, 4 if we are lucky. I myself am an amateur who has never played tabletop D&D before, but I know most of the rules by heart from having played Neverwinter Nights and other D&D-related titles, and I'm reading the 5e manual to learn about things like the Advantage/Disadvantage system. My other friends have played the game, though, and have some good experience.

Our likely classes to play as include:  Druid, Warlock, and Fighter. Alignments range from Lawful Neutral (Human Druid) to Chaotic Neutral (Dark Elf Warlock) to Neutral Good (Fighter).

We do have our own campaign already, but if we meet a DM who has a better idea for an adventure, we'd love to hear it!

I'm not too hopeful to find an actual DM to do a game for a few fairly-new players here on the Bay 12 forums, though, so I was actually making this post more to ask if anyone knew of and could link any good D&D 5e websites to look at, and post on to attract a potential dungeon master. If you require more information about my group or our campaign, please ask. I appreciate any help you can give!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 5e)(NOT A GAME) Looking for a DM for me and my friends. Help, please?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 03:29:24 pm »

Are you doing this PBP, maptools, IRL? I've got a lot on my plate right now but that's something you should mention...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 5e)(NOT A GAME) Looking for a DM for me and my friends. Help, please?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »

Are you doing this PBP, maptools, IRL? I've got a lot on my plate right now but that's something you should mention...
Oh, right... sorry. We're going to be using Roll20. I've never used it myself, but it's apparently a free website that offers a lot of support and utility features for anyone playing RPGs.