Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [42.x][workshop] help with specialized workshop  (Read 682 times)

Protonicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[42.x][workshop] help with specialized workshop
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:47:21 am »

Hello to everyone.
I want to ask help with creating custom workshops and isntructions where is to put them.
Most of time I use my vanila manager dwarf to give tasks for workers, but there some inconvenience in that workshops accepts too many materials and my stockpile are too far from each other. so I need some specialized workshops.

The workshops I need
1) craftdwarf workshop splitted to work with bone, wood and stone
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2) carpenter workshop for training spears (and how to remove it from vanila workshop?)
3) New stacker workshop for ammo/coins
4) New cage cleaner workshop (may be furnace)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [42.x][workshop] help with specialized workshop
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:45:41 am »

If you want some workshop (craftsdwarf's) to work with just one material (bone), just use stockpile links. Access stockpile (bone stockpile) with "q" and set it to "g"ive to given workshop. Note that workshop will now accept only materials stored in given linked stockpile(s), so for, say, still you may need to link both stockpile with barrels and stockpile with fruits. SImilarly, stockpiles can be set to "t"ake only from given linked stockpiles or workshops. Note workshops currently don't show their linked stockpiles, only stockpiles do.

See more about taking from and  giving to a stockpile.

To find out how to clean cages, see DF wiki again.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:07:50 am »

You cant remove the wooden spear from the carpenter, neither can you determine stack sizes like that. These two wont work.

The seeds you can just dump, that is faster than a workshop.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 07:34:56 am »

II:
You can just fill worskop with one type of tasks, set them all on repeat and no other jobs (from manager) will be done there.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:19:04 pm »

You cant remove the wooden spear from the carpenter, neither can you determine stack sizes like that. These two wont work.

This is not quite true, you can remove any job you like (or even the entire workshop), but it requires some semi-advanced DFHack scripting...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Protonicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 12:53:57 pm »

The seeds you can just dump, that is faster than a workshop.
That the point. To make reaction as automated and avoid any manual control there. if it possible of course.