Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142]

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: Anti-Spirals  (Read 80899 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: Anti-Spirals
« Reply #2115 on: January 13, 2016, 07:25:46 pm »

"I mean, to be fair, the only people I've known to constantly wear masks are criminals. Looking like a criminal isn't a good way to garner trust."
"That's a large logical leap to make, considering my mask covers far less of my face than theirs do."

Ao's mask only covers their eyes and nose. Their mouth is still visible.
"As long as you do not touch my mask, though I would prefer if you did not in fact punch me."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 13, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »

"Yeah, but it's enough. Anyways, what were we doing? Because if it isn't important I'm going to go take a nap."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 13, 2016, 07:30:51 pm »

"Waiting on Commander Viral to let us in so we can introduce Conta, and discuss whatever knowledge they brought with them." He indicates the door behind him, shrugging. "Not really sure what's taking so long... Maybe he's meeting with someone else right now?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: January 13, 2016, 07:30:58 pm »

"I've gotten by.

We were attempting to figure out how to avert the apocalypse. I would assume that is of some importance."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 13, 2016, 07:32:05 pm »

"... I was just gonna punch it in the face."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 13, 2016, 07:38:21 pm »

"That's plan C. We need a plan A and a plan B first. This isn't like the last time Earth was almost destroyed. We don't even know if an occurrence like the Spiral Nemesis will even HAVE a face."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: January 13, 2016, 07:59:20 pm »

"You're kind of on the list Ao. The mask routine is getting kind of old. I'm curious what's beneath it. But... We probably shouldn't be quarreling amongst ourselves right now. Tomas, Eun, you can try to kill each other AFTER we figure out how to save the universe. Does that sound like a good compromise?""
"Don't fret yourself, I'm not so petty as to let my hatred for her cloud the reality of things. Don't touch me, though. Regardless of what power you believe punching people in the face has, I'm ... I can't. Don't."

The old blue man sitting in his spectral chair huffs out a sigh that manifests as a cloud of smoke coming out of his mouth.

"I'm not of a mind for violence right now. Old memories came up a while back. Before I disappeared to wherever I went. Forgot how tired they make you."

He lists off and stares into space while Buki talks with Ao and Galen.

"Right. All I've heard from the people who harp on about it is that it's the evolution that makes up our very being that is the enemy of things. As we grow in spiral power so too will our bodies and numbers grow until they reach such an extent that gravity will take us in its grip and end the universe with our being.

So they say, anyhow."

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: January 14, 2016, 05:38:06 pm »

Reina sighs. "I keep telling you, Buki. You can't always solve your problems by punching them. You won't be able to punch through a planet by believing hard enough. There's more to it than that. Simon had the love and respect of an entire planet behind him. Spiral power isn't just about pure self-determination and rage. It's about love and teamwork, too. It's about working together in the face of adversity. You can't go around hitting people and expecting them to like you right away. Simon loved Kamina already. Rossiu respected Simon, even if they didn't see eye-to-eye. You tried to hit a girl who'd never even seen you before. That would have only driven her further into despair. If we could stop the Spiral Nemesis by shooting it until it stopped being a threat, we would've done it already, so please, let's move on and get some more concrete solutions. Ones that don't involve punching people until everything's better."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: January 14, 2016, 05:40:39 pm »

Ao nods.
"Well spoken. Perhaps, though.....perhaps looking to the future is not the thing we should be doing."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: January 14, 2016, 05:51:02 pm »

"That's actually something I was thinking about. We know a bunch of people who were big players in the Anti-Sprial War. They might be able to give us some advice. I'm sure my mom would love to errr... help out..." Reina scratches the back of her head.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 14, 2016, 05:53:15 pm »

"No. Earlier than that. This world had great technology, like the Gunmen, and made it constantly once. Perhaps if we look back to the time when they were made, when the likes of Tomas were around, perhaps we could find an answer there?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 14, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

"Well... If I remember correctly..." Reina looks over at the door Eun recently exited through, "Eun says she's older than all of us combined. Not that I'm sure we can trust her to give us accurate info..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 14, 2016, 06:03:25 pm »

"Then perhaps we don't need Eun. Tomas, if I recall, was a veteran of the times when Lordgenome first invaded the world. He might at least be able to give us an insight into whatever technology they used to funnel off Spiral Energy."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 14, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »

"I ... could. I would require time to sift through my memories, but I was fairly familiar with how that stuff worked."

((By time I mean I'm at work and won't be able to respond much if at all))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 14, 2016, 06:44:00 pm »

"Of course, Eun does seem fond of having a certain mythologicalness about her... so she if she does give us good info, it'll be really powerful shit."
Galen rubs his chin in thought with a smirk.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142]