Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tweaking Tiles  (Read 785 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Tweaking Tiles
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:55:00 pm »

So I recently had a mining mistake, and my entire fort flooded.  I saved what I could (and every dwarf) but I want to reclaim what I've got.  I attempted to use Tweak's tile edit to change the offending tiles back to walls.  They ARE walls again, but the flow doesn't appear to have stopped.  Anybody know of a way I can fix this?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Pyrorex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking Tiles
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:41:00 am »

Just put 7/7 magma in the holes. It'll harden to form obsidian on contact with the water.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking Tiles
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pyrorex:
<STRONG>Just put 7/7 magma in the holes. It'll harden to form obsidian on contact with the water.</STRONG>
Oh, now that is a brilliant idea.
And it should have no reason to fail like this has...
If not I'll just delete the world, I need to make some changes to my raws anyway...
EDIT: Fail.  It just seems to sit atop the water somehow.  No water is on that specific tile but it doesn't solidify. Just sits there as lava in the midst of the water.

EDIT2: Half-success.  It would seem plugging it with the original walls DID stem the IN-flow..  However the water kept moving even though there was nowhere for it to be coming from or going to, giving a convincing ILLUSION of in-flow...
I've got it slowly pumping out now.  Thanks for attempting to help.

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries