Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Last Outpost (Apocalyptic Survival Suggestion Game)  (Read 2466 times)

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Outpost (Apocalyptic Survival Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 05:31:57 pm »

My guess is a nuclear apocalypse.
But then what are the "Mutes"? Weirdly genetically mutated people? Could be...
Though unless we have Battlestar Galactica-style radiation medicine, if that destruction was caused by a nuclear explosion, I don't think we'll survive whatever we do. Still, definitely can't rule it out.
I guess we'll have to wait and see...

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 05:09:48 pm »

"That it?" Says Smoker.
"More than we had." Says Pacer.
"Cups?" Smoker, again.
"Got 'em" Says Sleeper and holds up the cups.
"Gonna need some light."
"I got you." And Smoker takes out her cigarette lighter from her pocket and gives it a few flicks. A leaf of flame sprouts and is held still, then it glides over to the water jug and rests.
"Wanna give me a hand here?" Says Pacer to Sleeper.
"Yeah." Sleeper gives a cup to Smoker than helps Pacer balance the jug. Smoker licks her lips then downs the water. Warm. Stale.
"Let me get some." Says Sleeper, still holding the jug. Smoker collects another glass then hands it to Sleeper.
"Here" Sleeper drinks more slowly, for he does not know when he will drink again.
"Let the kids drink." Says Pacer when the glass is forwarded to him. Sister comes forward and brother stands still hugging sister. They share their drink, first Sister than Brother than Sister again. They drink in swift gulps, for them the water has no other meaning but the quenching of thirst. Pacer, last, sips the water, as if trying to reduce his thirst without reducing the water. Though he knows he cannot do this, his nature overtakes his good sense.

1: discuss briefly with the others experiences of the apocalypse. Try to understand both the nearby area as pertaining to our current situation as well as what happened with the disaster(s) as a whole.

3. Pacer seems to know the area.  Have him tell the rest what use to be out there.  Things like where food water and protection might be nearby.

"So you get a look outside?" Says Smoker. Brother and Sister have returned to their corner and the flame has been put out so that the 5 lounge in the dark.
"I did."
"Well?"
"Sun's out, at least."
"Still snowing?"
"It's not snow."
"I know. You know what I mean."
"Yeah."
"You think its ever gonna stop?"
"Don't know. I mean, sun's finally out. I figure a few weeks, maybe another month."
"And...you see anything else?"
"No Mutes if that's what you mean." Smoker leans back. "We gotta get outta here. Can't stay here forever."
"This isn't a bad place. Nothing can get at us in here."
"Yeah but we need water. We need food."
"Well..."
"What?"
"Nothing."
"Bullshit. You know this place. You used you work here. You know what's around. There's food around here."
"Well sure. Doesn't mean we can get it. But...yeah, there's a grocery store about a block from here. Heh, peaches."
"What?"
"Nothing, just - I used to buy peaches there, every summer. When it was in season, you know?"
"Right. So where is this store exactly?"
"Down the block, first left. Walk a bit more then it should be to your right."
"Well that's not too far. We could make it. They have shopping carts?"
"I think so. But we don't even know if its still intact."
"We have to check. It either that or starve."
"Fair enough."
"Name's Sue by the way." Says Smoker and extends a hand.
"Martin." Pacer returns the handshake. Then Smoker stands.
"Hold on."
"What?"
"Let's wait till nightfall, if any Mute's see us..."
"Yeah, alright." She sits back down and the silence returns.
"So you used to work here?"
"Yes. I was manager. Worked here 19 years. You? You from around here?"
"Nah. Further south. Came up here for work. Storms took out pretty much everything down there, not much to do so I hightailed it here."
"What'd you do?"
"Manufactory work. R&D actually."
"Oh?"
"Yeah, our department did market research."
"Did I hear you say you worked in a Manufactory?" Sleeper this time, rousing himself from his sleeping position.

My guess is a nuclear apocalypse.

2: Oblige Smoker.  Exchange names.

"That's right."
"Me too! Used to work for MR. Well, before all this I mean."
"MR, huh? What'd you do?"
"Sim-designer. Mostly entertainment - movies, games, that sort of thing. Name's Ozzy by the way. Well, actually Ozymandias, parents were a little cuckoo, but I go by Ozzy."
"Pleasure. Sue." Sue holds out her hand, Ozzy takes it.
"Martin." Martin shakes as well.
"Sim-designer. You guys do any hollywood stuff?"
"Sure. Not me, I was pretty new. I mostly did maintenance for existing sim-ware. Bugfixing, patches, that sort of thing. I was pretty good too, on my way so to speak. Guess that doesn't matter much now."
4: Listen carefully and speak when necessary.

Brother begins to sob quietly. The others turn toward him and Sister.
"I'm sorry. He's just hungry." Sister tries to calm him, he calms.
"We'll be going out tonight. For food." Martin wanted to add, 'Don't worry, it'll be fine' but it would have been lie, so he didn't.
"We'll go too."
"That's alright. You don't have to." Says Sue.
"Luiz can help. He can-he can see them. Like, he knows if they're coming before they do. I don't know I how to explain it."
"The Mutes?"
"Yeah." The others exchanges glances.
"He's not like them though. He can talk, he's normal. He just sees them, that's all."
The others are unnerved at this revelation, but say nothing.

What happens next?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »

2. Sleeper, Ozzy: Advocate for the whole group to search for supplies at night. Also suggest they search their building for weapons, breaching tools, and other supplies to aid them on their scavenging mission.
Max avatar size is 80x80

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 04:53:15 am »

5. Brother: Go with the others, keep an eye out for mutes, carry food back, grab some candy if there is any at the store.
Pages: 1 [2]