• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
OpenRA
« on: January 13, 2016, 02:21:54 pm »

Just a red alert remake for windows.
Hehe.
Link
It works like a charm , and its with multiplayer  ;)
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: OpenRA
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:24:55 pm »

I had replayed it several months ago (as i had read they had long fixed the AI problem that made skirmish vs a few AI crawling for no obvious reason, great as it was what had put me away), only RA though, not the other games (  Tiberian Dawn or Dune2000 currently ) the engine can run.

It's still fun despite the years, thanks to the interface improvement of OpenRA and an AI that is more fun to play with than i remember, and now that the bug is fixed you can have multiple AI duking it out with you without performance going down heavily.

Just remember to make a few jeeps in early game in skirmish games, the AI always makes some itself.
And the jeep larger line of sight will allow who have jeep to utterly destroy the opposition of who do NOT have jeep beyond the fog of war.

At least until you get air units to spot better.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »

I'm down for some OpenRA. Or Tiberian Dawn. Or Dune2000.

Or Tiberian Insurrection.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:05:32 pm »

Used to love RA when I was a teen. That was probably my first real multiplayer game. There used to be a LAN game night down at my local computer store. That and Duke Nukem 3d (the good one), and Quake with mods.

I'll see if I've kept any of my skills and then I'd be up for some MP. It's been 15-20 years since I've played it though, so I might be a little rusty.
It's a game. Have fun.