Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Japanese Puffer Fish  (Read 998 times)

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Japanese Puffer Fish
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

A well-prepared lavish meal with a couple of helpings of flour is literally worth its weight in gold.

What, did I corner the market on Japanese puffer fish?  It's a little weird to be trading stacks of prepared food for things like steel plate armor.  Does anyone else think maybe flour is just a bit overvalued?  Or is it a just reward for going to the trouble of building power systems for milling?

"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Puffer Fish
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

If its a reward for building a power system for a mill, then it is still overpowered because a quern is as easy to get as a chair or table.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Sularus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:28:00 pm »

I usually go with barrels of syrup instead of flour, its multiplyer is usually enough so that a single stack of 4x syrup roasts can buy out a whole caravan. Then you dont need as many bags either  :)

eltorre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:06:00 am »

a *100 quarry leaves roast* is enough to buy the world.

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 06:03:00 am »

My biggest earner so far has been whip vine flour.  You're right about the barrels, though, they're much easier to produce in quantity than bags.
I wish we could specify which plants to mill, or at least turn off sweet pod milling.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »

Madmen... your madmen...No DF player, hardcore or casual- NO DF player gives a caravan delicious prepared food your dwarves could be getting happy thoughts from. This is blasphemy, this is MADNESS!

I just give them masterpiece obsidian toy boats worth somewhere between 280-380 "points". Shovelling rock crafts, instruments, and toys are a great way to get rid of stone and at the same time buy cool exotic things for practically nothing (i mean, think about it... your giving them carved pieces of rock they find on the ground, for engraved steel armor sets, booze, and new types of food among hundreds of other things you cant get your self or else are too annoying to make).

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 01:50:00 am »

Move it out the door or lose it to decay.  My dorfs couldn't possibly eat that much food.  That it's worth a fortune is just gravy.  (Get it?  Gravy?  *drum hit*)

I do hope the elves are immune to lead poisoning.  There's got to be some reason they don't like wood barrels.  Meh, lead works.