Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Kuwait Airlines scraps all flights between New York and London, because no Israe  (Read 5645 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Yeah it was fine except for the part where it was completely false and hugely misled a lot of people

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also cannot think of a better title that actually fits. It's kind of a dense issue.

"Kuwait Airlines ends London-NY flights, b/c US notices they refuse Israelis"

(With 5 characters to spare if the max length is the current title's 80)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Israelis are stereotypically Jews, and the issue from one side was that Israelis aren't a nationality. So, "no jews allowed" is close enough for a flippant space-constrained summary.

It did mislead at least one person and some combination of it and the OP mislead several more, so I'll acknowledge that something went hideously wrong. I'd still be inclined to blame the OP for that more than the title, though, despite the one example to the contrary.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SHHHH don't let anyone say that Israelis can also be Arabian.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Space isn't really a valid excuse considering that I just proved that it was possible to fit everything important in 75 characters - 74 if you remove the unimportant comma (and it hardly took any time at all). Of course the OP didn't say jews in the subject because of space concerns. It said and still says jews throughout the post.

TBH this thread should probably just disappear.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Israel != Jews, and Jews != Israel. No matter how much the Israeli lobby would like to convince people otherwise.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yep, that's an important distinction to maintain, considering how often AIPAC plays the anti-Semitism card to tar U.S. political figures that don't blindly back pro-Israel foreign policy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It disgusts me to see people defend such a move.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]