Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The most METAL MOD EVER idea  (Read 6572 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: The most METAL MOD EVER idea
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 04:39:58 am »

Want to go really brutal?

Steal the phallus from Genesis and add some kind of reaction that forces people to eat items.

Now you know what to do.
Lol. Somebody HAD to bring it up XD.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 06:52:08 am »

Maybe a group of space-faring humans left to settle on a savage world to rebuild the way of their viking ancestors.  If you want to borrow a little from ERB's Barsoom, the savage world could be in the process of dying out. 

My first instinct is to just ditch elves rather than try to fix them, but there are a few tricks you could employ.  Elves can use GOOD animals the same way goblins can use EVIL animals, so creating an animal that is COMMON_DOMESTIC and GOOD should give the elves exclusive access to it the same way goblins have access to beak dogs.  Wood could also be powered up.  DF's default wood is not very much like the types of wood that were historically used in combat, and there are a few rare woods like desert ironwood and lignum vitae which would possibly be as strong as bronze but much lighter.  There's also the idea of a fictional ironwood or steelwood that is as strong as real metal.  There might be a way to force the elves to preferentially select the best woods for weapons and armor, but I don't know how to do that.  Elves could be themed to be more like jungle savages and less like forest hippies, although DF's cannibal elves are arguably already like that. 

Could also be interesting to increase the number of tameable megabeasts, like dragons, so that you can catch an army of them and start a megabeast breeding campaign.  Or mod in animals like mammoths or quetzalcoatlus that are dangerous enough to take on megabeasts on their own.  Maybe give all animals PRONE_TO_RAGE so that the sissies will actually stand and fight if they get hunted. 

Not sure if you ever played Brutal Legend but they had kind of what you described, they tames massive animals and dressed up like a mix between ancient aztecs and wore black metal facepaint, sorta like Kiss. Actually to be fair it wasnt really clothes it was pretty much strips of metal but this is a FUCKING METAL mod so i'm down for it.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 08:30:58 am »

Mod humans to be Vikings. And mod Elves to actually be a semi-non-useless fighting force. Make them a little less treehugger and a little more strange and murderous, like stealing human babies. For inspiration, look at the ancient Norse stories of "Alfs" (not the bad sitcom).

Because Vikings are ONE OF THE MOST METAL FUCKING CIVILIZATIONS IN HUMAN HISTORY! \m/

Also, do you listen to Amon Amarth?

Holy shit, that picture is metal as fuck, and no, i havent heard of Amon, what is it?

They play, according to Wikipedia, Melodic Death Metal. About Vikings.

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 11:11:06 am »

They play, according to Wikipedia, Melodic Death Metal. About Vikings.

Whats the difference between death metal and "melodic" death metal?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 12:13:14 pm »

No clue. I don't listen to metal that much, I mostly like classic rock with some metal on the side.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 01:33:21 pm »

According to Wikipedia, the main difference is in the guitar playing, and to a smaller extent the drums. Additionally, vocals can vary from death growls, clean and understandable, or harsh screams, with the dominant style varying from band to band.

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 12:28:40 am »

That actually sounds pretty good, I dont listen to death metal coz the screaming gets in the way but this "melodic" death metal seems to tone it down a bit.

The way I see the civilizations in this mod working is by splitting them up into different subcategories of metal and rock.
    • Vikings represent viking metal (which is apparently a real thing.)
    • Amazonians, which are all women and represent Kiss and shit.
    • Metalheads, represent heavy metal and have a forehead made of iron for headbanging
  • And finally a daemon race representing death metal and their fetish for bondage and hooked flesh, you could also make it that the creatures from ERB's novels and make them into a sort of war creature for the daemons.

Thats a big list, and i'm not sure if I will be able to get it done by myself, so if anyone wants to contribute they're welcome.

Happy headbanging!

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 08:12:06 am »

Like Slaaneshi daemons from Warhammer 40k, but insaner? :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 02:14:32 pm »

To fill the thriving role, I propose two enemies.

The path of metal is dangerous, and runneth over with Posers, who would steal the tools and look of Metal for themselves for only fleeting use. This cannot be allowed, so it is the duty of every headbanger to crush them into paste. Act as skulkers, so you may or may not have run ins with them.

But posers are naught compared to the likes of the Hairbangers, practitioners of the oft ridiculed ways of Glam Rock and Hair Metal. While well armed and true in devotion, they often steal from their surrounding neighbors, and their ways are gaudy and atrocious, and must be corrected by those who wield the power of true metal. Nonskulkers, they will come to fight you eventually.

Additionally: Magma workshop called of course, The Mouth of Metal. With the power of the mouth, the most terrifying growls and ear splitting screams may be learned by those who truly follow the Voices from Beyond. Could potentially result in minor combat log spam. Can provide bonuses to allies or penalties to enemies. Got some ideas below.

Growl of Death (Offensive): Unleashed with the greatest ferocity, a warrior unleashes the power of a Death Growl, often stunning enemies with the intimidating display of voice-work, and potentially paralyzing others with fear (stuns targeted enemy for a week, and may paralyze them completely. ideally, total paralysis would be resistible based on disease resistance or willpower.)

Voice of Metal (Offensive): Letting loose a loud and proud Metal Scream, enemies move with less overall vigour in battle, feeling depressed and inadequate as vocalists and warriors compared to the user of the Voice (Interaction halves enemy unit's agility and willpower.)

Call to Arms (Defensive): The vocalist's comrades are inspired to fight with greater haste and vigor by the power of his or her call to arms. Buffs ally agility, endurance, and willpower for a week.

Scream of Darkness (Offensive): A harshly delivered and evil metal scream or string of lyrics deafens enemies, makes them bleed from the ears, and suffer debilitating pain. Stuns the enemy for three days, and causes bleeding from the head and pain.

OTHER STUFF - If we could properly implement instrument weapons, specifically guitars, such as the guitars being made of custom materials or something granting interactions via itemsyndrome.

Facemelter: A guitar solo of epic proportions, that destroys the faces (and minds) of the guitarist's enemies. Causes skin and brain necrosis in one day (practically instantly in fort mode.) Ideally just head skin rots.

Wrath of Metal: Riffs played with such power and speed that the notes have come to life, and strike the enemy hard enough to pulverize anything they hit. Material emissiona ttack that hits with so much force it pulps the target, armor be damned.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2015, 02:48:02 am »

You could make Vulgaris Magistralis some kind of megabeast or secret position. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2015, 06:10:29 am »

I'm not entirely sure how exactly you could make the game much more metal. I guess you can't crush your battle opponent's balls.

Just throwing this out there... You actually can crush your opponent's balls. Dwarf fortress calls this "gelding" your opponent. Attack their lower torso with a blunt attack. It seems fairly rare, but I gelded a wolf just yesterday in adventure mode. You can't aim for it manually, but it can definitely happen.

You'll get a message saying "It was a gelding blow!" if you manage to pull it off.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2015, 01:19:13 pm »

yes, that's the third reply to my post saying so

i mean wrestling

i meant grabbing them in your hand and crushing them with a fist

Urist McFluffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 03:22:16 am »

Well lads, Im sorry to say this, but due to my charger going FUBAR I can't work on the mod.

What I did enjoy was how this post brought us metalheads closer together to talk about things ranging from melodic Viking death metal to grabbing balls and crushing them.

Everyone else is free to go for the idea if they want to, and if they do I'll be happy to contribute ideas and shit.

Twas a fun journey, but alas, poor Horac, tis my time to go.

-Roach
Pages: 1 2 [3]