Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: getting military dwarves to don armor  (Read 515 times)

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
getting military dwarves to don armor
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:50:03 pm »

Just coming back to the game after playing DF2012 a few years ago.  In the new version, is there something different about how to get dwarves to put on their armor?  I remember always having trouble with it, but in my current game I've had a uniform assigned for *years* and dwarves still haven't picked up *any* of their armor.  They all grabbed their weapons, backpacks, bottles, and quivers with no delay though.  I'm not sure on shields.  What's the trick?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: getting military dwarves to don armor
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 03:39:07 pm »

All questions on this I've seen so far are from people using uniforms. Perhaps those are not working properly. I never used pre-set uniforms, and assign each dwarf their personal set of armor via the (e)quipment screen. (I don't mean pick specific pieces of armor, but I tend to assign each dwarf 'steel helmet', 'steel chain mail', 'steel greaves', 'steel highboots', 'steel gauntlets' and a 'leather cloak'). Which works flawlessly. Armor is picked up the moment it's been forged.

Do note: don't forget to set your dwarves to replace clothing, and not wear over uniform.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 04:08:24 pm »

Also make sure you're using version .42.03. Earlier .42 versions were bugged.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

Also make sure you're using version .42.03. Earlier .42 versions were bugged.
Thanks, that was exactly the problem.  I switched to .42.03 and as soon as I opened the save, my militia ran to get armor.