Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm having trouble with my creature spawning during world gen  (Read 464 times)

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm having trouble with my creature spawning during world gen
« on: December 13, 2015, 02:42:51 am »

My creature does not spawn at all during world gen, and I've managed to pin point it to the tokens relating to its body.

Here are the raws for its body (includes MALE and FEMALE castes because I differentiated their bodies):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There aren't any errorlogs, and I've defined the material templates, so I don't know what else would cause this to happen.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:44:55 pm by thedonkified »

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm having trouble with my creature spawning during world gen
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:45:23 pm »

The problem is coming from the blood token of my creature. If it has blood, it doesn't spawn in world gen. The problem is not from the HOTBLOOD_TEMPLATE either. It's just the idea of it having blood that causes my creature not to spawn during worldgen.

Also, in the arena, it doesn't bleed (as in there is no blood trail). When assuming control and checking the health menu, there is severe blood loss after having one of its legs get cut off, however there is no obvious visual indication of bleeding from looking around.

My creature is drowning in magma. It has the AMPHIBIOUS and SWIMS_INNATE tokens, as well as lung which are magma-proof. Does the AMPHIBIOUS tag not apply to magma, only water?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:55:41 pm by thedonkified »

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:25:26 am »

Since all creatures that you can find in magma have [NOBREATHE], I think that's your solution - I couldn't find any tag that seemed to explicitly allow breathing in magma. [AMPHIBIOUS] allows water AND air, but I didn't know about magma. Seems it doesn't.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 08:16:40 am »

That's unfortunate. Thanks though, I'll just stick with the NOBREATHE token.