Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taverns vs Dining Rooms  (Read 4573 times)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Taverns vs Dining Rooms
« on: December 13, 2015, 06:05:42 pm »

With the addition (or upgrade) of taverns (from dining halls), where does that leave the individual dining room? If a dwarf is assigned a personal dining room, will they eat there, or will they still congregate in the tavern and inevitably be dragged (or incite) a fistfight that ends with half the fortress in line at the medical ward?
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taverns vs Dining Rooms
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 09:35:43 pm »

Dwarves still prefer to eat in their personally assigned dining rooms whenever possible.  If a dwarf has no assigned dining room, he'll eat in the nearest public dining room, which unfortunately includes libraries with table+chair combos in them, even if you didn't create a dining room inside the library.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:46:21 am »

Dwarves still prefer to eat in their personally assigned dining rooms whenever possible.  If a dwarf has no assigned dining room, he'll eat in the nearest public dining room, which unfortunately includes libraries with table+chair combos in them, even if you didn't create a dining room inside the library.

Good info.

Make sure you're making taverns from meeting zones, apparently bartenders do not serve drinks to table designated halls.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:34:25 pm »

Ah, both of my taverns are based off of dining rooms (designated from a table).  I was wondering why my tavern keepers never seemed to do anything.  Thanks!