Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Racial Beards  (Read 728 times)

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Racial Beards
« on: December 13, 2015, 06:27:44 pm »

This is a bit of a dumb question, but I've noticed that while races besides dwarves technically have the tissues for facial hair, they do not grow beards/their beards never show up when you look at them.

Does anybody know how to make non-dwarf races grow beards and/or have them visible in descriptions of them?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Beards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »

Last I remember, even though the four main races had hair tissues, only Dwarves and Humans had the right creature tags to have styled hair. But the Human entity lacked the tags to allow them to actually use these stylings, last I checked. Add these somewhere in ENTITY:PLAINS for Humans, ENTITY:FOREST for Elves, and ENTITY:EVIL for Goblins in the entity_default file.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elves and Goblins do not have the tissue tags to style their hair in neither their creature definitions nor their entity definitions. These are the creature tags, I believe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Add these somewhere under SELECT_CASTE:ALL. Preferably right before the line that defines skin colours, as that is where they are entered for Dwarves and Humans.

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 06:58:53 pm »

Thank you kindly! This'll add a good bit of flavor.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 07:05:17 pm »

That's the first thing I do in most of my mods, even if they have nothing to do with hair :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 12:31:39 am »