Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode meets Dwarf Mode  (Read 706 times)

RunawayCactus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode meets Dwarf Mode
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:19:57 pm »

So the world I'm working with is kind of a crapsack.

The only bastions of dwarven civilization are small outposts (the ones that aren't dominated by bandits), and the humans are getting smacked around by dragons, titans, and flying monsters of the night that JUST DON'T DIE.

My adventurer would be instrumental in improving things but I'm having problems getting him into a fortress. My only idea is to retire him in one of the outposts and hope he migrates.

Are human migrants even possible in a normal migration wave? I know the dwarves have a human queen but the monarch works a bit differently from what I understand (see: the Immortal Onslaught).

An inn seems like it'd work for winning him over to the stout way of living but any advice from you guys would be appreciated. ;)
It was inevitable.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode meets Dwarf Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 05:38:36 pm »

In the last version, I was able to make a Dwarf adventurer, retire him in a retired fortress, and have him as a citizen, despite him being a self-proclaimed lord. Whether or not that applies to the current version, I've no idea, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 05:39:50 pm »

Not in a migration wave, but he might show up as a tavern guest.

Best thing is to go to the fort, ask to become a citizen and afterwards retire. Then upon unretiring the fort, you have him as a citizen.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

RunawayCactus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 05:46:28 pm »

Ah, okay, I didn't know he had to ask to be a citizen.

Good thing you told me. He took two knights to help out with a monster and they ended up dead.

Long story short, they think he's a murderer because he's wearing their gear.

I mean, they didn't need it...
It was inevitable.