Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naming Individual Bioms In World Creation  (Read 797 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Naming Individual Bioms In World Creation
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:26:07 pm »

I know I did it once before, i got the continent to be called "The Land of kings"  and the "Plains of War"  It was bad to the ass but I cant figure out how i did it...

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Individual Bioms In World Creation
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:44:10 pm »

Iv messed around with language Sym and the words files to add things like "The Planes of Swords"  as a word and just make it one of maybe 30 new words that can be chosen instead of Prairie, field and such, as my lands tend to have only one large feild/forest/mountain/desert/tundra per generation as i like to make it all neat and tidy int he perfect world maker.
But that doesnt get rid of the front so it would be like "The sizzling land of kings" or the "sandled great mountains"

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:13:35 pm »

Its just a pain to try and get a necromancer tower and! a world with acceptable biom names, ya know?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:46:11 pm »

Is it possibe to make one of the words in the word file the selectable word in Language sym with no rear or front attatchments so you can just type something cool sounding like "The great fields" and leave it at that? Or perhaps adding adjictives to the Language sym file?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 06:33:01 pm »

Is anyone out there? the post has been up for like 24 hours and constantly being refreshed with small updates and clarifications.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »

Holycrap, 3 or 4 days without a response...

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:49:43 pm »

Naming Individual Bioms In World Creation

I don't believe this is possible: you can only name the world. That's my personal experience, at least, and the wiki seems to agree with me. I don't think there's any knob you can tweak or file you can mod to change naming behaviour: it's likely hardcoded. You've already been adjusting the language tokens, judging from your posts, which I believe is the best you can do.

Of course I could be wrong, as my knowledge of DF modding has faded and I don't know what the capabilities of DFHack are in this regard.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:53:24 pm by Taffer »