Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyway to lower siege requirements?  (Read 1377 times)

Kkslr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyway to lower siege requirements?
« on: August 22, 2020, 02:37:28 pm »

Hey normally I set my population cap at 80 so I have just enough dwarves to have a siege. but once I get around 80 dwarves + X visitors + X animals + X invaders I reach FPS death. I would really like to set siege population requirements much lower so I can have a fort with lets say 30-50 dwarves and still enjoy bashing in some goblins. Any way I can do this?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway to lower siege requirements?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:32:32 pm »

The moddable raws can be found in the /raw/objects folder. These are all text files, use a text editor to alter whatever you like in them.

Siege requirements for each civ can be found in entity_default.txt
Scroll down to the goblin entry [ENTITY:EVIL] and locate the siege trigger PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE. It's set to 3 as default, change it to 1 or 2.

1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140.

You'll also find wealth triggers here.

Wiki has everything you need to know.:
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token

Megabeasts have their own triggers in their own raws. Titans, forgotten beasts and werebeast triggers can be found in the Advanced Worldgen menu.

--
Generally you need to generate a new world to use these settings. Although a few can be altered mid-game. You'll find  another set of the same raws in your save folder. Altering siege triggers apparently works.

--
Without modding, you can send a raid to a civ. They'll forget about the triggers altogether and attack you whenever they feel like it. Also, necromancers don't have any triggers. They can turn up as early as the first summer.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 05:38:02 pm by Shonai_Dweller »